- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- MThree Consulting
- 25 Jun 18 2018-06-25
MThree Consulting provide high quality, cost effective and client focused IT and Financial Markets consultancy services worldwide. Since being formed in 2010 we have experienced rapid growth, becoming recognized as an important partner to our expanding client base. We believe in creating strong relationships that are built on quality of service, transparency and fulfilling our promises. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced software engineer to contribute to the development of the client’s Finance IT organization.
The team is working a front-to-back initiative to consolidate accounting information flow and provide major control functions. It addresses regulatory and audit findings thematically, providing an efficient framework for better control and reporting over time. The objectives of the projects include:
- Consolidate sourcing, integrating and verifying of information across Control Functions.
- Post to the General Ledger from that same repository, allowing easy drill-back to the underlying business events.
- Enable continued business process integration within and across Control Functions.
You will be expected to work as a member of the development team and participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, with a focus developing restful services and business functionality delivery. The ideal candidate will possess solid technical and problem solving skills as well as the drive to learn more about the business and new technologies. Candidate should be open to work from front to back on applications and must have a sound grasp of development best practices and system architecture. She/he will be expected to drive standardization and architecture discussion across the team and be responsible for high quality implementations. Expertise in any one of the following business domain would be preferable: Accounting, Finance and Control Functions.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years software development experience in Scala (preferred)
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Database experience
- Experience working in an agile team with focus on continues integration and automated testing
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, and collaboration skills.
- Experience working on large and medium scale projects in an agile environment.
- Experience with a functional programming language, e.g. Scala
- Experience with scripting using Python or similar programming language
- Experience with the Gradle build tool
- Experience working with mixture of new and legacy systems.
- Experience building high volume and resilient systems
- Experience with multithreaded and/or reactive programming in Akka
- Experience with web development using AngularJS framework
- Experience with UI development in DotNet / C