Senior Auditor for Data Risk and Data Reporting
At Credit Suisse, we're proud that Internal Audit is seen as a compelling voice inspiring confidence in the ability of the Bank to deliver its strategy. Our Auditors build and maintain direct and lasting relationships with the Bank's leadership. They are actively consulted for their independent advice and insights to inspire positive change. Reflecting the Bank's entrepreneurial spirit, our global Internal Audit function is also innovating; we are recognized as leading the industry in new technologies, data analytics, and the latest training techniques, to ensure that both people and platforms are best in class.
Are you looking for an excellent opportunity to maximize your potential in a successful diverse and versatile team? To complement our audit team in New York we are seeking to recruit a Senior Auditor (VP level) for Data Risk & Risk Reporting. Join us and you will:
- Have an exciting opportunity to work with the global Data team within Internal Audit (IA), and apply your business and data experience to provide bank-wide assurance on data governance, data quality and data architecture.
- Have a unique opportunity to influence and contribute to significant change within CS, in response to a growing focus and scrutiny on data and overarching data governance processes by both regulators and Senior Management.
- You demonstrate personal dedication to change through actions and words, and mobilize others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty.
- Display your good communication through conversing with, writing strategic documents and creating/delivering presentations to internal and external partners.
- Consistently develop teamwork and respect among team members by addressing elements of the group process that impedes, or could impede the group from reaching its goal.
- You benefit from a highly collaborative and consultative environment, working with a wide range of IA colleagues and SMEs as well as partners from the rest of the bank, including Chief Data Officers (CDOs) and divisional and functional Senior Management.
- Be a trusted advisor and SME for the organisation, serving as a liaison between IA and business to mitigate data risks and ensure the bank has the necessary confidence in its data to achieve its strategy (includes Education of the organization, assessing the data-related roles and responsibilities).
- Collaborating with CDOs to ensure appropriate data management policies, standards and control frameworks are developed and embedded across the bank. Additionally you test the accuracy, completeness and integrity of the critical and help to mitigate risk.
- Work with Head of Audit for Data Risk & Risk Reporting to roll out the IA department's data risk audit framework, with a focus on imparting auditors with the skills and competencies required to audit data.
- Giving to definition of performance indicators and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Preparing and delivering an audit plan relating to Risk Data topics including developing an appropriate audit approach, running audits, preparing a quarterly assessment of effectiveness of the related control framework.
- Help embed Data Analytics into the Audit Methodology, and champion its use for risk assessment and audit execution.
- Do you possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in a major financial organization, with risk and compliance or Internal Audit experience?
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a senior team supervisory role, with change or transformation.
- Sound knowledge of key regulations relating to data management, in particular the CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review) and Basel Committee of Banking Supervision 239 requirements, and exposure to auditing processes and controls as it relates to these requirements.
- Deep understanding of investment and private banking risk and control environment, particularly relating to risk data.
- Are you expert in developing data governance frameworks and/or functions including defining data standards and data quality management frameworks to improve data quality on a large scale?
- You have deep understanding of risk data attributes and processes, including aggregation and risk reporting practices.
- You hold sound knowledge of industry standard methodology surrounding data governance, quality and architecture management including emerging trends and issues.
- You have deep knowledge of data management practice as it relates to privacy and protection e.g. GDPR, as well as the related regulatory requirements and trends in this area.
- You have deep knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions.
Internal Audit would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.