- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Business Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Senior Business Analyst (SBA) is a talented practitioner supporting a variety of strategic web development projects for MoodysAnalytics.com. The SBA will work with groups of stakeholders across projects and business lines to translate business objectives into technical specifications and test cases. The ideal candidate for this position is highly results-driven, detail-oriented and innovative. Specifically, the SBA will focus on the following key areas:
Specifications, User Stories, and Release Management
- Actively participate in business, creative, UX, and all other brainstorming discussions to collect and accurately document requirements for site updates.
- Translate collected requirements into detailed functional and technical specifications, ensuring best practices and innovative approaches are being applied.
- Develop test cases for use in thorough and successful UAT.
- Write detailed user stories and work directly with development team to manage their progress in agile development planning platform.
- Perform regression and performance testing using simulation and other backend QA tools.
- Coordinate and execute UAT.
- Write technical documentation, release notes, and end-user How-To guides for all releases.
- Perform live webinars to train multiple marketing teams across the organization.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in software development, computer science and/or engineering, p roject management or related field required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Two to five years of experience with the ability translate business objectives into clear, well-documented technical specifications.
- System/business analysis experience required.
- Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical issues.
- Demonstrated fluency in best practices for agile development methodology, lifecycle and project management.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (SMS), web analytical tools required. Sitecore, Google Analytics/Tag Manager/Webmaster, Marketo, Cvent, Slack and Trello preferred.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.