Senior Financial Analyst
JobDescription : The Role:
Senior Financial Analyst Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Presently, the role is based at S&P Global Platts NY office in midtown at 2 Penn Plaza New York, NY. In 4thQ 2019, S&P Global Platts' NY office is scheduled to relocate downtown to S&P Global headquarters at 55 Water St New York, NY. The Team:
The S&P Global Platts Finance team primarily consists of New York and London based employees. The Team also interacts with divisions of S&P Global Corporate. The Impact:
This position will work alongside the Finance Manager and Director to ensure all monthly financial reporting and analysis is delivered timely and accurately to facilitate decision making by management. What's in it for you:
The role offers the opportunity to gain a centralized view of S&P Global Platts Finance, with responsibilities focusing on financial reporting and analysis. There is a track-record of advancement within the Platts Finance team and the broader S&P Global Finance organization. Responsibilities:
- Assume primary responsibility for recording and analyzing S&P Global Platts revenue.
- Assist with monthly accounting close and financial reporting process
- Reconcile key balance sheet reconciliations for accounts receivable and deferred revenue. Research and resolve reconciling items.
- Assist with the monthly P&L reporting and analysis. Prepare accruals and journal entries as needed to accurately record revenue.
- Analyze historical data for trends and unusual variances; comparing results to estimate and budget.
- Establish revenue estimates on a monthly basis and manage the annual budgeting process.
- Ensure all revenue recognition rules are followed appropriately.
- Support overall business unit reporting requirements. Develop knowledge and understanding of the financial systems that are critical to the reporting process.
- Respond to requests related to internal/external audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Prepare analysis for ad hoc requests and special projects, and provide direct support to the Managers and Directors of Finance on an as-needed basis.
What We're Looking For:
- Provide thorough and accurate responses to senior management and business leads inquires.
- Performs ad hoc analyses as requested in order to help management make informed decisions regarding the short and long term objectives of the business.
- Alert management to accounting or operational problems and suggest actionable solutions.
S&P Global Platts, the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets, is searching for a Sr. Financial Analyst to support the Platts revenue reporting team. The new Sr. Financial Analyst will manage all aspects of the revenue reporting and analysis including providing support for day to day management of financial operations involving revenue as well as assisting with special projects related to revenue, cost of sales and annualized contract value [ACV] reporting. Basic Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/MBA is strongly preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years' work experience in public accounting or private accounting/finance department.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and revenue recognition guidance is required.
- Strong skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, IF functions, etc.) and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials), Zuora, SalesForce.com, Alteryx, Tableau, and Cognos TM1 is preferred.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and implement innovative solutions for resolving operational and financial problems.
- Demonstrate investigative research and analytical capabilities necessary to leadership team with accurate and insightful interpretation of financial information.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability with an inquisitive mind.
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.