At Bloomberg Finance, we are committed to providing extraordinary support to our business partners and the wider finance communities. As a critical senior member of the Enterprise Services Finance group, you will have the opportunity to deliver a unique blend of financial and operational analysis, financial modeling and reporting, and project and process management. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced organization, build strong connections, and possess excellent analytical, technical, financial and operational acumen. We'll trust you to take ownership of: Financial, Accounting and Operational Management Support
Execution and Project Management
- Support the consolidated reporting, analysis, and business planning across the Enterprise Services division
- Detailed understanding of cost allocation of shared services in order to provide transparency and thought leadership into how business decisions drive utilization of resources and expenses
- Provide commercial, operational, and workforce planning, modeling and analysis
- Develop and evolve on insightful financial and operational dashboards and reporting packages and other presentations to CFO community and Senior Management
- Review business unit financials to understand and correlate business operations with resource and financial results
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of processes and controls, and implement improvements to streamline the collection, use, and presentation of data
- Strong drive for results and success, and ability to convey a sense of urgency to bring issues to closure
- Effectively liaise with leaders, colleagues and customers to ensure accurate and timely production and distribution of financial statements and host of management reporting deliverables
- Drive and manage ad hoc analysis/special projects to timely completion through strong project management acumen/abilities
You'll need to have:
- Establish and nurture relationships with CFOs and key stakeholders across the Bloomberg organization
- Network and collaborate effectively across functions/teams to build, enhance and establish critical workflows, processes, and outputs
- Create presence and influence across communities through being an active voice and champion on key matters
Required strength and proficiency in:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in accounting, finance or related field of study
- 15+ years in a diverse set of roles in a finance and accounting capacity with a proven track record of success in the Financial Services and/or Technology markets
- Advanced ability in financial modeling; commercial development and support is strongly desired
- Strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals, financial management, and operational aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to formulate executive level presentations and business writing
- Ability to leverage detailed data sets and succinctly translate in a simple, effective manner
- Ability to think creatively and recommend new and unique ways to improve value contribution
- High curiosity level and desire to learn
Does this sound like you?
- Advanced use of common applications such as MS suite, Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc. with hands-on ability to implement change
- Project management to drive orderly and timely execution
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Interpersonal skills in order to build a network of stakeholders across the organization
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.