Senior Financial Analyst - Regulated Entity CFO
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst in the Enterprise Products division to support the CFO Regulated Entity group. The team provides critical accounting and financial services to Bloomberg's electronic trading platform regulated entities. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to perform a unique blend of accounting and reporting functions for a fast-paced and cutting-edge business. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Support month end reporting and control processes for multiple legal entities which includes, variance analysis, revenue monitoring and reporting and board report preparation.
- Perform reconciliations of customer data and work with sales organization to rectify.
- Support annual audits of regulated entities by providing support for transactions and narratives of business process ensuring timely follow-up of auditor requests.
- Communicate and collaborate with various business partners which includes business operational teams, Regulatory Controllers group, FP&A and other accounting and tax teams
- Review quarterly/semi-annual/annual regulatory reports that are filed with the regulatory bodies in US or foreign jurisdictions
- Review annual financial statements with related footnotes in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Perform daily capital stress testing for regulated entities and review monthly and quarterly stress testing for consistency.
- Monitor and report on intercompany agreements to ensure agreements are in line with business growth and expectations.
- Ensure Internal Controls for area of responsibility are executed effectively
- Identify and implement process improvements to build efficiencies and strengthened internal controls for the CFO team.
- Work with the team, actively participate and drive automation projects, with a focus on efficiency and reduction of operational risk.
- Be responsible for ad-hoc requests and special projects
We'd love to see:
- 4+ years of relevant accounting and reporting experience
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting or related degree (CPA preferred)
- FINRA Series 27 designation strongly preferred (or willingness to achieve within 1 year of hiring).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills
- Microsoft Power BI/Power Query, or other data visualization implementation strongly desired (ie Tableau, Qliq, etc...)
- Strong quantitative, data manipulation skills, and ability to work with large data sets while succinctly summarizing conclusions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to change priorities as needed and willingness to help others
- Proactive engagement and ownership of assignments
- Strong professional ethics
Does this sound like you?
- Experience in financial services industry (broker dealer) or any regulated industry is a plus
- Experience in regulated entity reporting, capital and liquidity management
- Experience in accounting/reporting automation
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.