Senior Network Engineer
Bloomberg's Network Engineering team designs, builds, and automates the global network which supports Bloomberg's products and services. Our network connects many large-scale Data Centers and over a hundred edge sites that connect Bloomberg to our hundreds of thousands of clients around the world and over 1,500 global exchanges and trading venues.
Engineers on our team also contribute to industry standards by collaborating with competing networking players within the industry by developing solutions to challenges facing our area. What's in it for you:
Join the engineering team responsible for one of the largest global and most critical networks in Finance. Work with talented colleagues on challenging and complex projects that push the limits of networking. You'll enjoy this team if you like working in a highly collaborative environment with a focus on being entrepreneurial, agile and responsive. You'll have a huge impact and build with the best technology behind you as we partner to evolve Bloomberg's network infrastructure to keep up with unprecedented growth in market and data volumes. We'll trust you to:
Use your expertise to design and implement network technologies at scale. You'll develop design patterns and select appropriate technologies, prove solutions in lab environments, and create network automation and configuration baselines. You'll work with Network Operations to plan and manage our capacity, provide full visibility into the health of the network, and respond and resolve critical production network incidents.
Be a leader in defining network technology throughout our business and the industry. Bring your deep knowledge of our problem space and help articulate where we need technology to evolve to stay ahead of our growing needs. Collaborate with every group within Bloomberg using our network to make the best possible use of our technology capabilities. You need to have:
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of designing and implementing enterprise/service provider networks at scale using industry standard networking protocols
- Experience with provisioning and managing large networks using network automation
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of critical issues and conclude them to resolution
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience managing and automating network devices such as Arista, Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto, Ciena, F5.
- An interest in open source and network automation frameworks and tools such as Ansible
- Software development experience in high-level languages such as Python
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and mentor others
- Hands-on experience with dis-aggregation model of white box with NOS
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.