Senior Search Application Developer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Apr 19
Senior Search Application Developer
As a member of the S&P Global Market Intelligence Technology team, you will work with a group of intelligent and ambitious engineers. Our software engineers are involved in the full product life cycle, from design through release. You will be expected to participate in the design review process, write high-quality code, and work with a dedicated team of QA Analysts, Business Analysts, and Infrastructure Teams.
The person in this position will be responsible for creating technical designs, developing high-performing web application software, and ensuring quality through a robust testing process. Software Engineers at S&P Global work with the latest technologies and are rewarded for innovation and delivery. This position is part of the team which supports the search application for the company wide product platform which provides essential information to global finance industry and beyond.
What's in it for you:
- We are currently seeking a Senior Software Developer who enjoys working with new and emerging search technologies
- The person in this position will be working with highly skilled search engineers including Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers
- Architect, design and develop solutions within a multi-functional Agile team to support key business needs for the platform search application
- Design, implement and test front-end solutions for the web platform application
- Design, implement and test web service/middleware applications leveraging the backend Solr clusters within the search application architecture
- Engineer components, and common services based on standard corporate development models, languages and tools
- Apply software engineering best practices while also leveraging automation across all elements of solution delivery
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders. Must be able to document and demonstrate technical solutions by developing documentation, diagrams, code comments, etc.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
- 6 - 8 years of significant experience developing web services and/or web software development
- Extensive knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns
- Experience in application development using C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, .Net window services and SQL Server
- Minimum of 1 year (2+ years preferred) experience in working in search technologies: Solr, Elastic Search, Lucene, etc.
- Proficient with Agile software development lifecycle methodologies including a good understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and experience in using testing frameworks (JUnit, Cucumber, etc.)
- Application development experience in Java and/or Python is a plus
- Preferred experience in working with HDFS, ZooKeeper and Message queues (preferably Kafka)
- Preferred experience in large data transfer applications/middleware and comfortable in working with large data volumes
About Company Statement:
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.