Senior Software Engineer- Real Time Distribution Platform (RDP)
Who we are:
Bloomberg's data underpins the world's financial systems, and the Real-Time Distribution Platform (RDP) delivers it to hundreds of thousands of Enterprise and Terminal users. Every day, we're consuming 100s of billions of ticks of data and delivering them to Bloomberg clients in real-time. We're building the largest data distribution infrastructure in the world. Our clients rely on this data (such as equity prices) to be successful in their day-to-day trading and risk management. Given the scale, speed, and business critical nature of our product, we're constantly focused on scalability, reliability and performance. Our teams:
Market Data Services: If RDP is the platform for our customers to consume market data, the market data services team provides the reference data that is needed by our customers to make financial decisions. It interfaces with various data sources within Bloomberg and provides a consolidated view of the reference data consumable via an API globally. The team processes over 1.5 Billion requests/day and users demand high availability and accuracy of the data.
Core Services: The core services team powers the Metering of the data consumed on the RDP Platform by helping monetize and provide real-time transparency into the data that is being consumed by our users. They also build the Identity and access management (IAM) capabilities needed for the RDP platform to stay secure. What's in it for you:
The technologies you'll use:
- Join a group of engineers in the early stages of a major multi-year system re-architecture and rewrite
- Work on sharding and scaling problems to make the metering system ready for future growth including adapting stream processing frameworks like Apache Storm.
- Work on mission-critical infrastructure serving hundreds of thousands of users and serving billions of data points
- Work in a highly autonomous and impact driven environment.
Languages: Python, C++, Lua, Java Script, SQL
Tech Stack: RabbitMQ, Kafka, Stream Processing, Redis, mySQL You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- BA, BS, MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- 3+ years of experience coding in C++, Python, or Java
- Professional experience writing robust and maintainable code
- A desire to work with high throughput, highly available distributed systems
- A collaborative and enthusiastic attitude
- Bias for action
- Experience leading projects from ideation to delivery and mentoring engineers
If this sounds like you, we want to chat!
- Linux/UNIX experience
- Familiarity with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Experience on large scale software migration initiatives and/or stream processing systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status