Software Engineer III - Java, REST, Agile/Kanban
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 17 Apr 19
Software Engineer III - Java, REST, Agile/Kanban
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The selected candidate will join the Technology team in New York as a software engineer III supporting post trade services, credit control management and repo business for CME Group and its business partners. The Software Engineer III engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
• Demonstrates intermediate skill in language proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
• Embraces and advocates for Agile best practices for software development discipline (be true to Agile Manifesto)
• Implements User stories and owns the story from Design, Development thru Deployment stage
• Works with the team to support production issues/inquiries for our application users and business stakeholders
• Must be a willing self-starter, independent and comfortable with a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Contributes to code review sessions with fellow developers for the benefit of continuous learning and delivering clean, testable codes
• Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality products (i.e. - process improvements/automation opportunities).
• Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
• Bring in latest technology for POC studies and adaption proposals
You are a good fit if you are somebody who...
• Understands that COMMUNICATION is one of the most important responsibility of a software engineer.
• Strives for CLEAN, TESTABLE CODES that adheres to design patterns best practices
• Focuses on shipping software that matters to the USERS, to the TEAM and to CME GROUP.
• Experienced different type of development lifecycle methodologies (Lean, Scrum, Kanban.. etc) and knows that the most important thing is what
WORKS for the team
• Prioritizes work based on clear understanding of GOALS, CONTEXT and OUTCOMES.
• Promotes lNNOVATION, maintains CURIOSITY and fosters a LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
• Excels as a TEAM player, with high level of team orientation. You deeply care about how your work attitude affects those around you.
• Passionately advocates and practices CI/CD, DEVSECOPS ADOPTION and AUTOMATION
• Applies INTELLECTUAL HUMILITY when failures happen and embraces the learning opportunities that come with it.
• Takes Application Security seriously and understands SECURITY is an embedded aspect of SDLC
Essential Experience / Education
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science, Engineering and/or relevant work experience
• 5-8 years of experience with focus on hands on Java software development
• Working experience with REST API development and Microservices design/implementation
• Good understanding of UI frameworks (AngularJS, Vue.js. REACT) or similar technologies
• Strong knowledge of Relational Database and Oracle SQL
• Experience with BDD methodologies & automated acceptance testing
• Ability to write clean, bug-free code that is easy to understand, and easily maintainable
• Knowledge of multi-threading and event driven programming
• An understanding of distributed systems and web services technology. Publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies (MQ, KAFKA)
• Experience working with FIX protocol
• Experience working with Groovy, Spock, python
• Experience using CI/CD tools (Jira, Bamboo, Jenkins, XL-Release, CHEF)
• Experience in developing and automating solutions directly related to Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery and infrastructure automation
• Experience and understanding of DEVSECOPS model