- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Sr. Manager- Business Continuity & Crisis Management
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Business Continuity Planning Manager reports to the Global Business Continuity Manager, is a member of the Corporate Security and Business Continuity Department (CS&BC) and works closely with organization stakeholders to develop, implement and manage Moody's Business Continuity Management (BCM) program. Works with other CS&BC team members, senior management and key business and IT leaders to conduct business impact analyses, risk assessments and develop business continuity and crisis management plans. Also plans and directs the testing of crisis management teams, business plans, contingency procedures and work area recovery exercises.
This position supports the on-going development and management of the corporate BCM program using methods which are consistent with Moody's internal policies and recognized industry and professional practices.
Requires a successful track record in organizing, training and coaching business continuity teams in large enterprises, and measuring the effectiveness of the overall business continuity program through exercises or managing real events. Must also have a practical understanding and expert working knowledge of business continuity principles, practices and their methods of implementation.
Core Project Management skills are required for implementation (project scope definition and planning through delivery) of complex mission critical programs. Responsible for facilitating internal project team requirements and communications, trade-offs.
Additional responsibilities, exercised under the direction and supervision of the Business Continuity Team Leader, include:
- Regional Management of North Americas locations planning and invocation
- Communicates risk factors to senior management and develops appropriate mitigation strategies by involving all relevant stakeholders
- Directs corporate wide contingency planning/business continuity efforts.
- Coordinates training, communication and testing of plans.
- Shared administration of the emergency alert notification system and hotlines
- Supports/ facilitates recovery effort at time of disaster to recover the company's critical business functions.
- Directs validation, maintenance and testing of documented business continuity and crisis management plans.
- Identification of Key Performance Indicators to benchmark and assess critical suppliers contingency plans
- Responds to internal and external requests related to business recovery requirements and business continuity status reporting.
- Position requires a minimum of 6 years in business continuity management, in a corporate environment.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Experience should include project management, training, and business administration.
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills are required.
- Strong understanding of IT technical issues which are relevant to business continuity is essential.
- Ability to challenge multiple SMEs and management on a wide range of topics and risks.
- Highly organized with the ability to work to multiple deadlines yet maintain flexibility through the workday
- Appropriate professional certification in business continuity planning.
- Degree from a four year college or university; advanced degree in a related field would be desirable
- Requirement of position is to be contactable for incident support
- Experience in working in a multinational environment
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.