Sr. Specialist Developer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 19 May 19
Sr. Specialist Developer
USDWires suite of applications(FTS, CFC, CIP, RAP, DMC, AML, CIT) provide US dollar electronic payment services to international banks and financial institutions that do not have settlement privileges with the Federal Reserve or direct access to the payment systems. USDWires activities are affected through both public and private payment networks to which the company has access (FED/CHIPS). USDWires support various incoming formats including, Swift, Fed, Chips, customer files, and paper formats (i.e. fax) requiring manual re-key. USDWires interfaces with multiple services such as accounting, internal and external reporting, as well as compliance and regulatory control. The Funds Transfer (FT) Operations personnel are the primary users of the USDWires suite of applications, however, numerous BNY Mellon internal operating areas are also users.
USDWires is seeking an experienced Cobol, IMS, DB2 Senior/Lead Developer. The candidate should expect the opportunity to be a significant contributor to a globally diverse technology team and will be challenged to identify and execute on solutions for our internal business groups. The ideal candidate has worked in the financial services industry and possesses in-depth knowledge of payment services, experience delivering on concurrent, complex application development projects and an understanding of mainframe technology platforms. The primary responsibilities include;
- Working with the application software development services for all sized projects.
- Responsibility for all facets of the BNYM development life cycle from Planning through Implementation.
- Coordinates design, construction and testing - ensuring a high quality product for implementation.
- Collaborating with team members to perform all change management practices and policies related to coding, testing and implementation activities.
- Contributes to estimates and project plans.
- Awareness and compliance of all risk and compliance controls.
- Conducts reviews of the test Plans and test Data.
- May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project.
- Ensuring application performance standards are appropriately defined and achieved.
- Collaborating with USDWires business partners to identify and implement appropriate solutions.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Six to eight (8-10) years of experience in software development required.
- Hands-on experience in COBOL, JCL, IMS, DB2 Mainframe development. BMW/MQ Series knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in the Payments services industry is preferred.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Prior knowledge of USDWires processing, especially SWIFT, Federal Reserve and The Clearing House is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1903431