DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It's no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you're willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay. The Role:
DailyPay is looking for a Staff Cost Accountant to join our Accounting team. You will use their strong analytical skills and attention to detail to assist in performing cost allocations for monthly departmental reporting. Additionally, you will help in tracking costs related to both new and ongoing projects as they arise. They will also have the opportunity to enhance our existing day to day processes and help design new processes that leverage technology to drive efficiency.
The role is located in New York City and will report to the Accounting Managers. If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. How You Will Make an Impact:
What You Bring to The Team:
- Work closely with the Finance team and assist in the determination and execution of cost allocations across various departments and financial statement line items
- Prepare journal entries during month-end, including but not limited to cost allocations for departmental reporting and project tracking reporting
- Perform month-end balance sheet reconciliations
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments on an ongoing-basis as part of the day to day accounting operations
- Support external quarterly and annual audit requirements
- Assist with the monthly fluctuation analyses for the balance sheet, P&L, and other financial statements
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of accounting policies, processes, and internal controls to support the company's growth, and drive continuous improvement
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and requests
Nice to Haves:
- 1-2 years of prior professional accounting experience either at a public company or large audit firm
- CPA required or in the process of acquiring it
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Strong hands-on leader, inquisitive, natural problem solver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment with strong time-management skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to multitask
- Exceptional analytic capabilities
What We Offer:
- Prior experience at a high growth FinTech SaaS company or Big 4 audit firm
- Prior experience related to allocating costs
- Proficiency with NetSuite ERP
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
No sponsorship is available for this position.
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
As part of our dedication to health and safety, DailyPay requires all colleagues holding in-office positions, or who will be attending any in-person company meetings, be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus unless there is a documented and approved medical or religious accommodation. As a condition of employment, prior to your start date, you will be required to submit proof of your vaccine status.
DailyPay is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable culture of belonging, grounded in empathy and respect, which values openness to opinions, awareness of lived experiences, fair treatment and access for all. We strive to build and develop diverse teams to create an organization where innovation thrives, where the full potential of each person is engaged, and their views, beliefs and values are integrated into our ways of working.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to join us on our mission. If you require reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodation will be addressed as confidentially as practicable.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.