Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Manager in New York, NY. Work You'll Do
Responsible for providing tax research and analyses for clients in diverse industries. Oversee day-to-day client service relationships and provide tax services to help improve compliance and maintain client's overall tax risk profile. Work closely with clients and provide managerial support to members of the Deloitte Tax team in order to understand each organization's global goals and strategies and analyze how industry and economic trends affect the business. Oversee the delivery of tax planning services including preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns. Responsible for keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues, analyzing the client's business and tax systems, taking responsibility for clearing open items relating to assigned areas, and meeting client deadlines. Oversee the preparation of tax work papers and tax returns including extensions, estimates, and tax provisions. Coordinate data gathering with various functions, gather data electronically and at the appropriate level of detail, and review data for completeness. Integrate data collection, reviewing client financials, calculating preliminary taxable income and various tax return items, and reviewing and signing off on tentative taxable income. #LI-DNI Requirements
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Law, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and tax returns.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Preparing federal and state income tax returns for C-Corporations, Partnerships, high net worth individuals, and pass-through entities;
- Utilizing tax software, including GoSystem, to prepare federal, state, local, and international income tax returns, and calculate estimated tax and process filings;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including BNA, and CCH, to provide tax compliance and consulting services to various clients;
- Preparing quarterly estimated tax payments for corporations, and preparing schedules for federal and state income tax returns and state franchise tax;
- Assisting corporations in Internal Revenue Service and state tax examinations;
- Interacting directly with clients to discuss engagements; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as stated above .
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing analysis for FIN 48, effective tax rate reconciliation, and valuation allowance, and preparing tax deferred tax schedules and tax review memos to properly account for income taxes during the preparation of tax provisions for corporations;
- Preparing and/or reviewing quarterly and annual provisions in accordance with ASC 740; and
- Performing and reviewing basis of adjustment calculation for investment partners, including recourse liabilities allocation.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XSFH20FT1019NYC1