UI / Full Stack Software Engineer - Digital Investment Bank
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The Digital Investment Bank (DIB) was established to enhance the delivery of key principles through the application of technology solutions. To achieve this, the DIB is organized around 3 "products": Banker Intelligence, Digital Capital Markets and Client Experience. While the products have distinct work-stream, each will be developed and executed within a consistent environment to ensure a single digital presence to internal and external clients. Technologists on this team will work on all three verticals, to help with product development, strategy, and integration.
What you will be doing:
- Be part of a small core team of individual contributors who are responsible for accelerating the delivery of high impact projects to the business. You will be working directly with stakeholders to understand the problems, and then formulate, socialize and deliver solutions.
- Build a services/API architecture, leveraging private and/or public cloud.
- Always be thinking about the user experience
- Build client facing and internal banker facing tools that transform the client and user experience, productivity and business impact
- Work closely with the global Banking technology team to drive tools and data management strategy.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Hands-on experience designing and building large scale web/desktop and mobile platforms which are systems of record or integrate multiple related systems of record. These applications & services should have been built leveraging some of the following technologies:
- Web / Java experience (incl. Spring, Hibernate, Vaadin)
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture - APIs, Microservices, Messaging, Caching
- Cloud - understanding of public and private cloud
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.