- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
VP - HR Business Partner
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Vice President, HRBP will have overall accountability for developing and leading all aspects of Human Resources for Lines of Business within Moody's Analytics. He/she will report to the Managing Director, HR for Moody's Analytics. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working with leaders to implement forward-leaning human capital strategies, establish quantifiable performance standards, enhance corporate culture, and fully engage a diverse, global workforce. They will lead the creation of integrated and aligned strategies for talent acquisition, talent management, total rewards/executive compensation, learning and organization development, and HR technology. The leader must provide value as coach and counsel to the business leader and his team providing a disciplined framework for this team to use to think through challenges and make decisions for the business. Specifically, this HR leader will help position the business for growth both organically and through acquisition and help lead the business transformation as it digitizes and scales globally doing so across a highly matrixed organization.
• Meeting key business goals, job function, organizational design, performance management, employee relations, change management, talent development, & work force planning
• Partnering with leadership to reinforce an accountable, performance driven culture
• Assisting in hiring to drive talent necessary to support business growth
• Using KPIs to measure performance
• Leading the talent review process for the business
• Providing leadership & management coaching at all levels
• Development & execution of HR strategy
• Understanding the value chain of the business & operations
• Responsible for applying an understanding of the business and industry (its products, customers, processes, innovation, competitors, broader industry, performance relative to competitors, customer satisfaction, etc.) and sharing insights into where the enterprise should focus
• Communicates as an official spokesperson for the function within the enterprise and industry peers in a variety of settings
• Works collaboratively with other areas of HR and the Talent and Performance COE
Continuous Improvement & Benchmarking
• Provides thought leadership on factors likely to shift the industry and business as it relates to talent and its implications related to those shifts. Understands the potential impact on the business and creates a compelling vision on how the enterprise should position itself for competitive advantage
• Utilizing an expert knowledge of the business, industry, and external market factors, understands, translates, and provides insight into the performance of human capital against competitor and industry trends
• Drives continuous improvement and value to capture opportunities within a complex enterprise.
Required • Bachelor's degree required.
• 12 to 15 years or more of progressively responsible HR-related experience of which 5 or more were in a senior HR Generalist/HR management role.
• Understand and know how to work in a matrixed model - both corporate, functional and geographic.
• Experience with dispersed workforce.
• Several years' experience in a Center of Expertise function such as: Talent Management, Organizational Development, Workforce Planning, Compensation and Benefits preferred.
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
• Strong leader and people manager.
• Strategic/critical thinker with business acumen.
• Solid project management background and experience with HR technologies.
• Excellent facilitation, public speaking, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- MBA or Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to think globally and/or international experience preferred.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.