IT Application Support Lead
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 May 19
Job Reference # 189668BR
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? Are you someone who could multi-task in a rapid and fast moving environment? We’re looking for someone like that to:
- A hands-on technical support lead that can mentor, guide and assist a team of application support analysts to provide high quality application services to critical investment banking applications.
- Face off to the trading desk; manage senior stakeholders in application development and client account managers.
- People management, Performance management.
- be responsible for Major Incident Management, Problem Management and Request Management
- manage the relationship between UBS and our vendor partners
- report on team performance and KPIs and develop recommendations and run with ad-hoc projects to improve quality of service
- utilize their IT and business skills to interact with internal and external clients
- support the Service & Product Manager across several technical domains
- uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
- contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services
- optimise the service issues and gaps and implement service quality
- Optimize operational procedures to improve efficiency, reduce time to restore and minimize costs
- Manage the full spectrum of Production Support responsibilities, based on the ITIL Framework: Incident and Problem Management, Change Management, Risk Management
You will be part of global Technology Operating Center (TOC) leadership team, which provides L2 application support to the stake holders in the GFS (Global Financing Services) business, covering exchange traded derivatives clearing and settlement; prime brokerage; and stock lending functions. You will be directly responsible for the team of 6-10 analysts in Nashville, at different levels and ranks. This team is global in nature and is responsible for the full spectrum of support from front-line user support, through to complex system support, to release and environment management.
- Experience as application support lead (8+ years)
- Total IT experience of 14+ years
- Financial product knowledge on vendor products like Murex and Calypso
- Experience in the Finance or Banking Industry. Must have led teams supporting mission critical capital market apps
- Technically proficient in UNIX/LINUX, Shell Scripting, Perl, RDBMS, Autosys, physical and virtual infrastructure
- Experience in cloud and big data analytics.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes (Certification preferred)
- Experience in working with Global teams, managing business and development stakeholders
- A passion for new tools (SPLUNK, APPDYNAMIC, etc.), technologies (BIG DATA, NO-SQL, etc.), and processes (ITIL, DevOps, Agile) and adopt them in the working environment to increase the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Customer centric mindset, autonomous and self-driven, multi-tasker
- Ability to work under high pressure, fast paced environment
- Quick learner and ability to adapt the new technologies, tools and processes.
- Maintain high level of availability and act as a complete team player. Ability to context switch.
- Techie first. Highly hands-on at all levels
- Demonstrate high level of agility and proactivity
- Experience in collaborating with internal and external teams
- Passion to drive continuous improvement.
- methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
- the ability to work with different cultures and nationalities
- have very strong communication skills (written & verbal) and must be able to: leverage your influencing skills to gain internal support; operate independently with limited supervision; and establish a solid working relationship with, vendors, technical staff, Senior business & IT executives, and support team peers.
- Keen to learn new technologies and build a solid understanding of the business context of the applications.
- have a strong focus on ownership of issues and commitment to resolving them
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.