IT Automation Specialist
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Feb 19
Job Reference # 186527BR
Do you know how to work effectively with numerous technical teams to improve operational efficiency?
Are you motivated to continuously make service improvements?
We're looking for someone like that who can help us:
– design and develop IT infrastructure operational process automation via scripting, coding and leveraging existing automation platforms
– work closely with Operations teams to identify and assess opportunities to improve operational efficiency and service levels on core IT infrastructure platforms via automation
– contribute to process and tooling improvements to ensure configuration compliance and consistency
– contribute to the effort to improve infrastructure monitoring to reduce false positives, ensure full coverage and correct event routing
– design, develop, implement, test and deploy automation scripts and software
You will be working in Nashville, as part of the End User Services WorkSpace Automation and Operational Engineering team. We are responsible for improving operation efficiency and End User platform stability through automation, configuration compliance ("right estate") and effective monitoring ("right instrumentation"). In addition, the team is responsible for Infrastructure expansion supporting legacy environment uplift efforts.
– a university degree computer science, management information systems or professional certifications
– proven C#, Powershell, .Net development skills, ideally with automation design and coding experience
– proficiency in writing technical documentation
– experience working with supporting/building virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) in a large-scale distributed environment, preferably in the finance industry, with a strong bias towards automated deployment and operations
– understanding of infrastructure technologies, including as Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, MS SQL, MS SCCM, MS SCOM, VMware vSphere/ ESXi, PowerCLI and Citrix XenDesktop
– good understanding of Windows 7//10 Clients and Desktop Automations
– understanding of ITIL processes and procedures
– automation development experience with IPsoft IPautomata would be an advantage
– Splunk knowledge would be an advantage
– analytical, logical, assertive and result-oriented
– an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills, fluent in English
– Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail.
– Good Team Player and motivated
– "Can Do" Attitude
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.