We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2022 Full-Time Global Wealth Management, Internal Sales, US Positions are located in Austin, TX.
You'll excel as a Global Wealth Management, Internal Sales Analyst if you:
2022 Full-Time Global Wealth Management, Internal Sales, US
- Show strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Have the ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Possess the ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships and interest in client facing career within Finance
- Are personable, ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Have the ability to multi-task and handle several projects delivering completed work within expected timeline
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Global Wealth Management's mission is to create industry leading experiences for financial intermediates and their individual investor clients while providing a strong contribution to PIMCO's overall business results. The PIMCO Global Wealth Management Group is responsible for business strategy and client coverage for the intermediated individual investor segment of the market. Converge includes RIAs, family offices, banks/ brokerage firms, trust banks, platforms and sub-advisory relationships.
As a GWM Internal Sales Analyst, you will work in close partnership with a field-based Account Manager ("AM") to develop and maintain meaningful client relationships with financial advisors (at wirehouses, regional and independent broker/dealers) in a geographic territory for the purpose of acquiring and retaining mutual fund and other professionally managed assets. Major Responsibilities:
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
- Have a real passion for, and remain well-informed on, the financial markets, the global economic environment, asset allocation, investment vehicles and the overall financial services industry
- Achieve high levels of substantive client interaction - via phone, e-mail, screen-sharing, and at times, in-person meetings (territory travel, industry conferences, due diligence, etc.)
- Successfully establish an understanding of the nature and needs of our clients varying business practices
- Confidently provide relevant market insight, product information, investment ideas and sales support
- Strategically handle activities in the territory, including contributions to the formation and implementation of a business plan
- Seek to be empowered to think and act like effective business leaders, assuming full responsibility for development of certain client segments
- Recognize ongoing training and continuing education are critical to cultivating the strongest client relationships. Numerous AAs have attained CFA, CIMA, CAIA, and other industry designations with firm support
- Be ready to make a difference on the team by participating in department meetings, engaging colleagues across different PIMCO functions, participating and leading working groups, sharing unique ideas, fully utilizing continuous mentoring and training, etc.
- Develop a long-term career with PIMCO, with the potential to serve clients and the firm in various ways over time. A number of experienced and dedicated AAs have transitioned to account management, strategic accounts, and client-facing roles in other distribution channels
The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed as you start the Analyst program. Formal and informal training will continue throughout your time in the program, creating a rigorous learning environment. The objective is to provide you with a diverse learning experience across products and key disciplines within investment management. Mentoring is a critical component of your success; you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who will provide guidance and mentorship throughout the program. Analyst Program Details
- Starts in mid-July 2022 (for Dec Grads as soon as possible after graduation)
- The PIMCO Early Career Development Program is for junior employees at the Analyst level. The program's objective is to develop top talent with a focus on career development, mobility and employee engagement.
- Formal mentor program
- Reviews/feedback during each level of the Analyst program
• Submit your resume , cover letter & unofficial transcript through pimco.com/careers. Applications accepted now. Position Requirements: Requirements:
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Undergrad with an expected graduation date of Dec 2021 - June 2022 or a recent graduate with up to one year of experience
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office