Software Engineer, Machine Learning
- Austin, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 18 Apr 19
Software Engineer, Machine Learning
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers.
With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 45+ years since, we have continued to bring innovation and expertise to our partnership with clients seeking the best investment solutions. Today we have offices across the globe and 2,300 professionals united by a single purpose: creating opportunities for investors in every environment.
Why PIMCO? At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below).
PIMCO is searching for a Machine Learning Developer to add to our Data Science team. Candidate will join the new center of excellence for Machine Learning team. Our team develop and enhances applications used globally by Account and Portfolio Management teams. You will assist projects related PIMCO's data science research projects
- Liaise with the Portfolio Management, Financial Engineering, and other teams regarding PIMCO's data science projects
- Provide Machine Learning solutions to help generate strategies and research ideas. Provide support as required.
- Respond to Investment Professionals' questions/requests related to Machine Learning at PIMCO
- Recommend technical solutions to quants and other users
- Assist developing the data science platform from the perspective Machine Learning practitioner
- Provide technical assistance to end users with understanding of PIMCO's data science platform and Machine Learning workflow
The Developer will demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of the complete software development process (Requirements, Design, Implementation, Verification, and Maintenance). The successful candidate must have expertise in ML models, strong Python and data skills.
Qualified candidates must possess a Master's degree in stats or Machine Learning related field.
- Past experience with implementing production ML projects
- Good understanding of which models to use per use cases, understanding of strengths and weakness of different ML models
- Ability to articulate the models, output and it usage
- 5+ years working with ML models
- 5+ years working Python
- Past experience working with SQL, Oracle and other relational database
- Past experience working with Linux environment
- Past experience with Data Science tools and platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability work autonomously with complex requirements. Be comfortable with rapid development environment
- Ability to quickly learn new technology stack
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.