IHS Markit is in search of a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about delivering high-value, high-impact solutions to the world's most demanding, high-profile clients. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
You will join a team delivering functionality for our Private Capital Market clients in our multi-tenant AWS hosted application. You will combine your passion for technology with your client focus to build high quality and complex software solutions, helping technology teams delivering their full potential.
You will be working in the Private Capital Markets development Team in the USA. The team is part of the larger Private Capital Markets technology team, currently operating out of the USA, UK, Russia, Ukraine and India. All team members share a passion for technology and solving complex technical problems with focus on quality. What your team will work on:
What we look for:
- Design, build and maintain automation that powers our cloud-based product deployments and auto-scaling with zero downtime and the ability to easily rollback
- Support application infrastructure to ensure platform is optimized for performance and reliability
- Build and maintain supporting infrastructure for cloud environments through an "infrastructure as code" methodology
- Use wide range of AWS to implement scalable, reliable and cost-efficient services.
- Perform and automate system administration services including installation, configuration, maintenance, and disaster recovery
- Identify issues that indicate scalability and reliability problems, working with development and operations teams to help drive solutions
- Identify system level issues related to OS configuration and virtual hardware bottlenecks
- Automation, auditing, and other tooling for security, compliance, and resource usage - Monitor and improve processes for all deployments
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or Certified Development Program
- 3+ years as DevOps Engineer
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Docker, CloudFormation, or an equivalent
- Strong distributed systems knowledge and web services design, implementation, and/or operation experience
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD pipeline
- Software design fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and performance analysis
- Familiarity with stateless RESTful Architecture
- Hands on experience in the following:
- AWS Services such as EC2, S3, IAM, RDS and CloudWatch
- Windows/Linux environments
- SQL Server/PostgreSQL
- Bash or Python Scripting
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment, and can work independently
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience in Redis, RabbitMQ, Consul, Ansible
- Integration technologies, especially with Web Services and Microservices
- Experience using tools such as PowerShell, Octopus Deploy, TFS, Splunk
- Experience working in a global team
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.