Senior Financial Analyst The Grade/Level:
6 (relevant for internal applicants only) The Location:
Dallas TX, Charlottesville VA, New York NY, Denver CO, London GB The Team:
The S&P Global Market Intelligence Divisional Finance team is a dynamic team that works well together and partners with business leadership to support the overall growth of the Market Intelligence business. The team also regularly interacts with other divisions and corporate to support enterprise initiatives. Team members are based in Charlottesville, New York, London, Dallas, Denver, Raleigh and Manila. The Impact:
We are looking for a candidate who will contribute and assist in the financial reporting and analysis of the Market Intelligence business functional groups, with insights gained from analyzing financial and non-financial data. The ideal candidate is adept at combining analytic tools and techniques with business partnering expertise to identify and manage key performance drivers. They must be able to translate data and information into actionable insights to find opportunities for process optimization and use financial models to test the effectiveness of different scenarios. The ability to support decision-making and forecasting driven by the analysis of large data sets is critical. They must have experience building and implementing financial forecasting models by using a variety of data analysis tools. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with data-driven insights. The role will have the opportunity to share and present findings to senior business leaders. What's in it for you:
The global and dynamic nature of the business and team allows plenty of development opportunities to learn and grow within the role and the wider Finance team. With strong leadership, attention to detail and good communication and influencing skills, you will support the execution of the management team's key priorities and strategies. This role will require you to leverage big data aggregation and analysis tools building analytical workflows which will be used to support strategic initiatives and provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes. Being part of a dynamic forward-looking team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues across divisions and functions on enterprise and divisional projects. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Provide high quality financial information that is provided on a timely and accurate basis with action orientated commentary and analysis.
- Accumulate data from various company sources to assist in the preparation of monthly financial deliverables
- Perform revenue validations utilizing analytical procedures and researching variances through review of billing data, accounting systems, and customer contracts.
- Assist in the development and distribution of a management reporting that tracks key performance metrics against business goals
- Track operational expenses and research expense trends
- Preparation of key hiring and other expense metrics.
- Look for opportunities to improve existing processes, implementing best practices and repeatable processes, reducing complexity.
- Assist in special projects or key initiatives for the dynamic divisional finance organization
- Provide analysis and guide business leaders on headcount management to manage short term and long-term cost structure.
- Be able to articulate the operational and commercial actions that need to be taken to deliver current year forecasts/budgets.
- Working closely with business leader on budgets and forecasts with following objectives:
- Ensuring the business area has up-to-date high-quality revenue and expense forecasts highlighting the risks and opportunities against the plans.
- Ensure the business has an accurate budget in place that reflects any long-term plans prepared by the business and that is owned by the business.
- Timely submission of forecasts and budgets
What We Offer
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math or related field. MBA and/or CPA with strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP is preferred.
- 5+ years' work experience in Financial Analysis, Operations, and/or Accounting in a large, complex organization.
- Demonstrated investigative research and analytical capabilities necessary to provide the leadership team with the accurate and insightful interpretation of financial information.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills with the ability to develop and implement innovative solutions for operational and financial problems.
- Experienced in dashboard design (e.g., Tableau) and focused, thoughtful visual display of quantitative information
- Highly proficient skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, IF functions, etc.) and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Oracle Financials or other similar financial systems, Anaplan and Oracle Smartview strongly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
About Company: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Competitive base salary and bonus.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php .
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $ 61,185. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.