Manager, SALT - Income Franchise (AI)
Requisition #: 46292
Practice Area: Tax
Location: Dallas, TX
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our practice.
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax issues including compliance, advising, planning, structuring and controversies
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team helping to provide relevant subject matter and industry knowledge and experience to internal and external clients
- Review information presented on state income tax returns before, during and after preparation
- Research and draft technical memoranda or slide decks regarding income, franchise, sales and use tax, and other state and local tax questions
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and appeal meetings, and preparing protests
- Help KPMG audit teams with review and analysis of state tax-related income and balance sheet item; Build and manage client relationships and supervise, mentor, and develop staff
- A minimum of five years of experience performing tax research, preparing/reviewing state income tax returns for various types of entities (including partnerships and REITs), and providing technical advice on multi-state tax issues
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; CPA or JD/LLM
- Ability to foster relationships both internally as well as with clients
- Excellent writing, compliance, communication, management and tax research skills
- Ability and desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.