Software Engineer, Technical Operations
We are looking for a Technical Operations expert to join the Reg & Compliance Tech-Ops team. Individual will work closely with Product, Operations, Client services, Development and QA teams to support clients in their implementation and BAU phase. The role offers extensive business and technical challenges in a highly dynamic and collaborative work environment. A passion for quality and a sense of pride in your work are an absolute must for the role What You'll Do
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Analyse and resolve Customer Issues escalated by L1 Team.
- Escalate issues to L3 team on need basis and coordinate for resolution.
- Provide and document root cause analysis in consultation with Development team of issues identified and participate in process improvements to prevent additional issues.
- Apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge - together with investigative techniques and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Should be able to work directly with Product team, Operations team, Development, QA and Infrastructure team to understand and resolve issue.
- Work on initiatives and continuous improvement process around proactive application health monitoring, reporting, and technical support.
- Respond to operational/client incidents and address/correct issues found to resolve issues and/or restore services.
- Help in identifying and document current application/infrastructure architecture as well as enhancements to improve overall performance and client experience.
What You'll Love About Us - Do ask us about these!
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4 - 8 years of development experience.
- Good knowledge of Java/J2EE and Web technologies.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies is preferred.
- Knowledge of PL/SQL and Relational Databases is must.
- Should have strong analytical ability. Knowledge of REST/SOAP services.
- Must have Unix skills i.e. Scripting experience. Familiar with monitoring tools.
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Focused on delivery. Strong ability to multi-task. Able to identify priority, dependency and overcome those with minimum guidance.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally. Must be a strong team player.
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy - we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.