Senior Researcher II
- As a member of the local analyst team, will use R and SQL programming to import, clean, analyze, output and display offshore drilling rig data from internal IHS Markit databases to assist the rig team in producing its regular offshore rig reports.
- Team member regularly meet with other members of the rig team to discuss results.
- Contribute to consulting projects as required and as driven by business needs by working under the direction of a consulting project leader, seeking out peer review of materials and by providing subject matter expertise in areas of assigned disciplines to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects.
- Respond to client research-related questions of various complexity segments by providing timely insight and utilize resources and judgement to address questions and/or refer questions to appropriate staff in a timely manner to provide customer delight in situations of one-on-one client needs.
- Implement best practices for data engineering
- Develop processes and documentation.
- Extract and prepare data for analysis
- Develop and revise data science model code
- Understand data path from source to destination
- Troubleshoot data integrity issues
- Prepare and manage data infrastructure (servers, databases etc.) for data storage
- Coordinate with analysts and leadership to define and configure data needs
- Develop code for automating data processing pipelines
- Bachelor's degree in the following: statistics, economics, math, engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years directly related experience traditionally acquired by working in industry, government, or consulting
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases helpful.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers
- The Rig Research team primarily uses R for statistical analysis. Candidates must be able to use R and will be given an R test. A successful Candidates will have familiarity with tidyverse, ggplot2, data.table.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI, SQL, Git, Python a plus.
This position will operate under normal office conditions and will include moderate phone use and moderate to heavy computer use
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.