Software Engineer - Java Lead
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You will develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As an experienced Lead Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you will be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
We are looking for hands-on, business focused technical developer lead who can deliver long-term projects as well as being responsive to short turnaround requests in Post Trade. This role provides the opportunity to be part of a very strong team and global system that spans multiple lines of business within the JPMorgan Investment Bank. Located in Houston, Texas you will be developing machine critical applications.
OneMargin is the JPMorgan Investment Bank platform for collateral management and client valuations for OTC Derivatives, F&O, PB, letters of credit and commercial public funds. COAST is one of the most critical applications in the JPMorgan Investment Bank with a global user presence and code footprint of around three million lines.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
· Strong Java development experience with Spring, hibernate, etc.
· Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
· Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
· Proficiency in modern programming languages
· Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
· Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
· Solid Software Engineering Fundamentals
· Deep Java Knowledge
· Ability to design and build complex systems from scratch
· Integration - REST APIs, JDBC, SQL, JMX
· Experience with SOA/Microservices.
· Modern SDLC (TDD, CI, Automation)
· Excellent communication skills - the ability to communicate at a level commensurate with the audience at hand, be they expert or non-expert.
· Understanding of Agile and Lean thinking/DevOps
· Working in a globally distributed team.
Desirable Skills but not required:
· Web Application design and development - HTML5 / CSS3/ReactJS/jQuery
· Strong knowledge of UNIX and/or UNIX like operating systems.
· Perl, Python.
· Knowledge of systems monitoring tools
· Experience with messaging technologies, especially AMPS.
· NOSQL Databases
· Interest in or experience with machine learning/data science.
· Knowledge of techniques for dealing with very large datasets.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.