Trade Control Leader
- Houston, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
The Trade Control Leader in Koch Energy Services (KES) leads a trade support team that is involved with business transactions and decision support. This role is a hands-on leadership role that interacts with a diverse group of people within accounting, trading, marketing, operations, logistics, risk, IT and other Koch companies. Additionally, the selected individual will gain a solid understanding of the company supported, including profit drivers, industry, competitors, and the market in which the business competes. This role will maintain key business trading support and strategically leading initiatives that advance the capability and business it supports.
The Trade Control Leader actively participates in and leads a team responsible for:
- On-going development and regular execution of financial analysis for KES activity including deal analysis, marginal contribution understanding, supporting decision making and forecasting.
- Point of contact for specific daily position and profit and loss responsibilities ensuring seamless daily and execution and business support.
- Identifying, recommending and implementing tools and analytics that will facilitate improved marginal analysis and lead to improved decision making.
- Coordination within KES teams to ensure alignment around transaction research, position reporting, risk exposure, account reconciliations, and corporate reporting requirements.
- Working closely with trade support team and accounting/settlements team to ensure consistency between trading system, general ledger and related reporting.
- Developing solid understanding of the market structure and building relationships with traders, settlements, position managers, operations and logistics.
- Identifying, recommending and implementing process improvements that will result in efficiency and lower cost to support the business.
- Leading and participating ad hoc requests in order to meet business needs and expectations as KES continues its growth initiatives.
- Participating in on-going systems projects related to Energy Trading and Risk Management system.
- Ensuring compliance with control policies and trading standards, in addition to, completion of regular governmental compliance requirements.
What You Will Need:
- Experience in querying data (Ex: SQL Query)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (Ex: PivotTable, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in Finance, Accounting, IT, Market/Credit Risk, Business Development, or Market Analysis
- 1+ year of Leadership/supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, Math, Economics, or Technology
- Experience working in commodity markets
- Strong analytical, critical and economic thinking to problem solve
- Superior communication and collaboration skills in a team-oriented, open floor environment
- Highly motivated and focused to lead a team
- Committed to financial controls and compliance
- Proven change agent
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in natural gas markets
- Experience working with OpenLink Endur
- Experience Programming and/or SoftBot development
- Experience in Analytics technology; implementing and leveraging visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Masters in Accounting, Finance, Math, Economics, Technology, or general Business
Want to learn more about KAES?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf