Senior Manager, Data Stewardship & Analysis
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 May 19
Senior Manager, Data Stewardship & Analysis
S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Sr Manager, Data Stewardship & Analysis
Grade (relevant for internal applicants only): 12A
The Location: Denver, CO or Charlottesville, VA
The Team: The Fundamentals Content collection team is responsible for the collection and standardization of annual and quarterly financial statements filed by both public and private companies located around the world. The team creates customer value by producing accurate data in a timely fashion to help inform financial and investment decisions. For those in a Data Stewardship role, the team values employees that have an ambitious approach to their work, and in collaboration with content, product and technology teams, can help solve problems that don't have clear solutions.
The Impact: Timely and accurate data is paramount to our clients' success. Today, much of the content we collect is done so manually and in many cases redundantly to support legacy product offerings that existed prior to the SNL and S&P Global merger. We are in the process of integrating data collection processes, much of which entails significant automation improvements. As an analytically minded Data Steward, you will bridge the gap between automation/data science and the business. You will translate business needs into analytical solutions and have the capacity to communicate those solutions to a wide range business partners. You'll need to be results driven with a focus on improving operational efficiencies to succeed in this role.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to be on the vanguard of data science and automation
- Develop technical programming and interpersonal skills.
- Opportunity to work directly on funded, premier initiative project where you will have exposure to senior leadership immediately.
- Serve as Product Owner on automation teams
- Works in close liaison with Data Science and CARE Organization to propose and lead data science initiatives to support automated content collection
- Drive third-party partnerships related to data extraction and automation
- Establish and communicate out on relevant metrics to track value of automation
- Ensures data extraction standard methodologies are incorporated into Fundamentals data collection
What We're Looking For:
- Intermediate to expert level SQL experience
- Master's in Business Analytics, or similar undergraduate work.
- Familiarity with common data science techniques (Supervised vs. Unsupervised models for example).
- Intermediate coding R or but preferable Python
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Experience with LEAN And Agile and preferably as a Product Owner
- Financial data background
This program/position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.