Senior Application Developer
Job Description : Job Description
- Delivers technically complex solutions.
- Performs system integration support for all project work, customized coding, analysis, and using tools such as Apache SPARK and Hadoop Frameworks.
- Leads and participates in the development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support of highly complex solutions in adherence to company standards.
- Provides escalated support for highly complex applications in production.
- May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
- Leads and participates in the SDLC of highly complex solutions in adherence to company standards. Provides escalated support for highly complex applications in production.
- Typically leads moderately complex projects and participates in larger, more complex initiatives.
- Mentor less experience teammate within the team on newer technology stack.
- Bachelor's degree in and 5 years of experience as a developer or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function. Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience with commonly used Data Science Libraries like NLTK, pandas, numpy etc.
- Experience with open source community development is a plus
- Experience with R, Java or other programming skills
- Experience with Jupiter or other notebook development environments
- Data cleansing/wrangling
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf