First Abu Dhabi Bank is an inclusive environment where each person values the experiences, perspectives, ideas and beliefs of others. We're in a unique position to learn from all our colleagues, combining international experience with deep cultural knowledge and local expertise. At FAB, you'll have the support of your team and a strong relationship with your line manager, who will trust you with responsibility and recognize your good performance. As we embrace different ways of seeing the world, listening to each other and respecting different viewpoints, we grow stronger - together
Job Description Job Purpose:
- Manage restructuring of advances that are not performing as originally anticipated, together with the overall management of these relationships.
- To analyse existing allocated client loan exposures, providing recommendations for restructuring to avoid default scenarios and identifying appropriate strategies for managing exposures.
- To carry out detailed financial modelling and research to support the recommended strategy for resolving difficult lending situations in the best interests of the bank.
- To prepare credit applications as required containing detailed credit analysis and justifications for the restructuring being recommended.
- To conduct portfolio reviews of vulnerable sectors.
- To monitor closely the bank's reports including past due, watch list and provisioning reports for potential new cases, report & flag out any early alert or warning sign.
- Assist with the portfolio stress testing and quarterly provisioning exercises.
- To assist the CRD Management in adhoc tasks and in the execution of the overall strategy for the team.
- Evaluate the existing problematic debt exposures to identify potential work out situations and default scenarios through detailed financial analysis and research
- Prepare & review financial models and challenge cash flows.
- Apply SWOT, Pro's & Con's, sensitivity analysis.
- Evaluate information memorandum and independent business reviews.
- Review project progress reports & client visits reports.
- Analyze various applicable scenarios.
- Analyze information sources from external advisors.
- Make recommendations on how the advances should be restructured to avert the possibility of default
- Liaise closely with other internal teams.
- Keep the team management regularly informed
- Undertake the required internal reporting.
- Scrutinize client's financial performance.
- Monitor and test (restructuring) covenants on relevant due dates.
- Ensure that all general and information undertakings are adhered to
- Monitor project milestones and costs and conduct periodical site visits.
- Ensure completion of CPs & CSs.
- Monitor payments and repayments.
- Process drawdowns & obtain (external & internal endorsements as applicable)
- Ensure and follow regular repayments of interest and principle (both scheduled repayments & or cash sweep).
- Collect and appropriate rental income/ sales proceeds/share dividends/other income assigned to FAB.
- Work with product partners to ensure all existing documents are perfected in accordance with the latest sanction and no late payments, no over dues and no excess over approved limits.
- Process stress test on sufficiency of current provisioning and propose adjustments ( if necessary)
- Spread financials on MRA and ensure that correct risk rating is reflected in all internal systems.
- Perform ongoing due diligence of our security to ensure all valuations are up to date and all security coverage ratios are met.
- Manage NPLs and impairments related to the vulnerable portfolio.
- Monitor and report the changes to provisioning requirements.
- Maintain proper follow up and coordination with legal department in case of legal action being pursued.
- Attend to legal and court calls and work closely with legally appointed accounting experts.
- Process applications for upgrade and removal from vulnerable portfolio once the case has been treated and proven to have returned to an acceptable healthy status.
- Participate/assist the team to produce & share with business and risk lessons learned based on case within own portfolio.
- Ensure smooth handover back to Business Unit.
Qualifications Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/economics or related discipline.
- 5 years' relevant experience in the banking sector progressive experience in the following function.
- Experience of loan restructuring/work outs during previous economic cycles
- Track record in loan asset management and monitoring
- Familiarity with both syndicated and bi-lateral lending
- Previous experience of both relationship management and risk
- Sensitivity to important client relationships