ADNOC is one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we're bringing energy to life. Company: ADNOC Logistics & Services Job Title: Analyst, Budget & Cost Control Job Purpose
Participate in the preparation and consolidation of annual Revenue, Operating, Manpower, Logistics and Supply budget and participate in the Five-Year Business Plan.
Monitor expenses to ensure that they are within budget limits and reports to supervisor accordingly. Prepare accruals and monthly payments; reconcile with General Ledger and forwards to Finance & Investment for cash flow preparation purposes. Carry and document Client Financial Performance Reports
Prepare periodic financial reports and carry-out cost analysis using different accounting codes for supervisor's review. Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1) Budget & Cost Control
Generic Accountabilities Supervision
- Receive and calculate revenue budgets from the Planning teams, check to ensure their conformity to formats, criteria and policy guidelines.
- Receive the Operating plan from the various Functions to calculate and add the estimated cost. Participate in the preparation, coordination and consolidation of Revenue, Operating, Manpower, Logistics & Supply budget- both annual and Five Year Plan's for each Business Line.
- Update Budget records to include all expenditures related to Operating and Logistics Budgets for analysis and reporting for all Business line.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports, reconciliation/ variance analysis reports pertaining to sales and cost performance for review. Participate in the Five Year Business Plan.
- Monitor expenses to ensure that they are within the budget limits. Highlight variances from approved budgets and reports to supervisor accordingly.
- Follow up SAP and any other system approved by management ensuring documents received by units, processed and sent to Finance & Investment Unit.
- Prepare accruals and monthly payments; reconcile with the general ledger and forwards to Finance & Investment for cash flow preparation purposes. This includes checking trial balance, identifying expenses not charged for the month, investigating, etc.
- Monitor and input codes to the unit's sales invoices and payments to ensure proper allocation to the ADNOC financial system. Ensure that payments are as per agreements.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Carry & document Client Financial Performance Reports.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives. Budgets
• Provide input for preparation of the Section / Department budgets, assist in the implementation of the approved Budget, and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section's / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework. Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function. Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices. Reports
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management. Internal Communications & Working Relationships
External Communications & Working Relationships
- Manager, Management Accounts and CFO.
- Direct reportsr
- Relevant deptatments as required.
- Service Providers and Suppliers.
- Consultants .
Bachelor's degree in Commerce. Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- 6 years of experience in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industry related to Marketing Budget, Contracts, Accounting and Financial Analysis.
- Very good knowledge of relevant accounting software.
Revenues/ Budget: As per approved financial budget
Direct Reports: As per organization chart
Indirect Reports: As per organization chart