Business Application Manager function is responsible for all the business applications throughout their life cycle. Business Applications enable ADGM business and authorities to provide distinguished services through multiple channels towards End users and customers.
Responsible for maintaining and delivering Business Applications according to enterprise architecture standards, including solution architecture and data standards practiced in Financial Sector, systems includes but not limited to registrar, regulator, middleware and courts.
Maintaining complete documentation and records of Business Application in multiple views ranging from high level architecture to the data modelling and structures. Introducing SOA best practices for financial market in designing, developing and operation and maintenance of Business Applications.
- Responsible for business applications portfolio throughout life cycle.
- Evaluate and recommend the right applications towards IT Management thorough study and analysis to ensure all the must have business needs are met.
- Responsible for implementation of Business applications within approved timeline, budget and scope and following SOA best practices.
- Responsible for all business applications development or implementation with SDLC practices.
- Ownership of EAI and all external integrations while maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of organization data and information.
- Ensure there is the necessary monitoring and reporting in place to proactively pre-empt application related issues to minimise the impact to the business.
- Perform trend analysis on recurring problems (technical, people, process or other), and taking responsibility for implementing innovative solutions.
- Establish a robust and effective support framework for the suite of products to ensure that the support provided to the end users is fit for purpose and reflects any changes in technology.
- Work closely with the Audit community to report on Audit related support matters, manage expectations on Applications & change Delivery.
- Provide accurate business oversight to reporting Manager to ensure that the business continues to invest in outcomes that deliver real benefits to all stakeholders
- Continuously assess available resources and procedures and make changes and recommendations as appropriate to ensure that agreed service levels can be maintained
- Foster and embed a culture of ownership and responsibility within the team.
- Provide regular Management Information on key metrics of the department's performance
- She/he will manage onshore and offshore professionals responsible for all developments and operations and maintenance of business applications hence providing recurring and non-recurring application support services, troubleshooting and helping to resolve application and process issues impacting the business, providing report, query, cube and dashboard design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and analysis guidance and playing a key role in events which require changes to the application.
- As part of the Financial Business Applications Team Manager, will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the integrity of ADGM financial & confidential information.
- Develop and own the enterprise information model, data dictionary, and data naming standards
- Gather and analyse requirements for database systems, including data modelling, performance and scalability requirements and data security
- Ensure that business applications comply with the data sharing strategy and review deliverables for conformance to data separation principles and data architecture standards
- Work with the wider IT community to establish a network of relationships covering support and operations and look to leverage these relationships to evolve the IT support and product offering.
- Responsible for all agreed Applications SLAs and OLA with Business.
- Responsible for complete documentation of Business Application from High level till data models and structures.
- Provide all the root causes of critical and high level incidents and problems within agreed timeline.
- Coordination with service desk to ensure workaround and permanent fix are available and deployed for business applications.
- Adherence to organization and IT policies and procedures.
- Identify improvement initiatives that would increase the performance of database systems, for instance performance tuning of database systems for query and data loading performance, data partitioning, indexing…
- Support the design and development of data back-up and recovery processes.
- Define and enforce database design and management standards
- Support the development of interfaces between systems by providing expertise into the optimal structuring and overlap between data structures in complimentary systems
- Set Application management governance and data standardisation procedures, including master data management and data integrity strategies
- Participate in reviewing the underlying technology, tools, and processes necessary for data-warehousing, data integration, and data analysis
- Acts as the Integration Architect that determines the optimum integration mechanism for transferring data between systems
- Deliver additional tasks that may be delegated or assigned from ADGM IT Management
- 7+ years’ experience in Applications development role and 3+ years’ experience in Application Management role.
- Bachelors in Computer sciences or other IT related degree.
- BFSI domain experience with applications development and operations experience.
- Ability to demonstrate strong understanding of business needs – ensuring that IT solutions align with organisational strategy and requirements
- Experience of enterprise information management concepts, techniques and technologies.
- Experienced in end-to-end project delivery including requirements elicitation, gathering and re-engineering, documentation at all levels of SDLC, review of the test cases, conducting User acceptance testing and user trainings.
- Hands on Experience with Complex integrations through customized and standard APIs and application adapters.
- Experience of Middleware/ESB
- Experience with application level controls and security.
- Knowledge in BPM, BAM, BRMS
- Expertise in Software engineering tools.
- Significant experience of Conceptual Data Modelling, Logical Data Modelling and Physical Data Modelling
- Experience of EDW architectures and data reporting techniques
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience with software development with multiple tools e.g. .Net, java etc
- Hands on Experience with major RDBMS.
- Expertise with DB optimization and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools and technologies.
- SOA knowledge
- ECM/DMS expertise.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders across the organisations supported
- Fluent in Business English
- Related IT certifications
- Previous experience in the UAE
- Proficient in Arabic or other language(s)