· Ensure the global compliance program is designed to meet the requirements of international laws and regulations and international best practices.
· Ensure proper compliance resourcing and performance management of international locations to adequately execute compliance programmes consistently across the Group.
· Overseeing the establishment of compliance program and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations.
· Support international locations in keeping abreast of key regulatory developments and compliance trends and changes, and ensure gap analysis and remedial actions for the international branches is performed by relevant compliance teams on changes necessary to meet new or revised regulatory requirements.
· Monitor on-going Compliance related projects of the international branches that are related to regulatory requirements cross border and ensure its proper implementation.
· Maintain strong working relationships with international locations’ management to better assist compliance teams in providing improvements in the First Line of Defence (FLoD) controls and adequate escalation of issues is achieved.
· Develop and enhance standardized reporting mechanisms, as well as maintenance of relevant Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to adequately assess the Compliance risk and monitor its progress amongst International locations.
· Develop framework within CIB & International for International locations to operate within best-in-class standards.
· Execute other duties as directed by the Head of Compliance – Corporate and Investment Banking & International.
· Update the Head of Compliance – Corporate and Investment Banking & International, regarding legal and regulatory developments, and help update the global compliance program as necessary.
Supporting/conducting compliance investigations as applicable.