Head of Tax, Global Private Equity, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Our client is one of the world's leading Sovereign Wealth Funds, based in the Middle East, with an outstanding track record in private equity transactions globally. Their globally-focused private equity team is looking for an experienced private equity tax professional to lead the PE tax team, working closely with the deal team and finance team to ensure that transactions are appropriately negotiated, structured and financed.
This role is broad and varied, working across different deals in different geographies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where you'll be expected to mentor and grow a team, whilst providing effective, timely and efficient advice on acquisitions.
The role is based in the UAE, where compensation is tax-free for non-US citizens. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working directly with tax advisers internally and externally to ensure transactions are smoothly executed
- Partner with the deal team to negotiate deals and structure them in the most efficient manner depending on the region
- Ensure the compliance of all transactions with tax regulations
- Monitor, maintain comprehensive knowledge - and keep abreast of new factors or changes - of the private equity team's portfolio
- Assume managerial responsibility for the PE tax team members
- Coordinate specific due diligence procedures with internal & external advisers, review and discuss results with the deal team, fund managers and other senior stakeholders
- First-class university degree, preferably in tax or a related field
- Private equity tax experience - ideally at another PE firm or similar
- Experience leading a tax team/function
- Willingness to be based in the Middle East full time