The IT Operations Manager is accountable for the end to end IT operations across ADGM. This includes but not limited to data centre, 1st level support of applications, network and servers, databases, Operating Systems, telephony, servers and storage. The IT operations Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient operational support of all third-party and internally managed IT services used to support all business process across ADGM.
The Role should also oversee the disaster recovery services and running regular drill tests, defining an operating model and an acceptable standards of IT Infrastructure operation as service level agreements, monitoring and reporting on compliance with those standards; and achieving and maintaining maximum operational efficiency. The IT Operations Manager is also responsible for operational service management processes to ensure quality, efficiency, productivity and agility goals are achieved.
- Responsible for the day to day operation for all IT services that are successfully transitioned into operation.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards for operations and continuously improving customer satisfaction.
- Liaison with other IT functions to monitor and maintain Services such as Active Directory (AD) related services, File Services, Server Infrastructure, and WAN/LAN/WLAN/VPN supporting business-critical systems along with Data Center.
- Smooth operations of Data Center covering all aspects, Cabling, Processes & Procedures preparation.
- Ensure performance, reliability and transparency of all aspects of operational elements.
- Accountable for the operation of server, storage, internal network, security and monitoring hardware, software and services, working closely with the IT Functions to ensure they are optimised for availability, stability, integrity, performance and scalability.
- Responsible for the service management process & procedures, communicate the availability of services, report against agreed business SLAs, and manage business user relations.
- Develops and maintains operating models with IT leaders for 3rd party services reflecting clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Responsible for the day to day operation, service performance against agreed Service level targets and service management activities delivered by ADGM third party(ies) and escalate appropriately as required. Ensure the service provider performs and contract includes the following activities:
- Handling of major Incidents, identifying root cause and facilitating Post Incident Reviews to embed learning and best practice.
- Communicating the status of high severity incidents and recovery decisions taken, in a timely and structured manner to stakeholders.
- Investigating Problems, according to impact, through to resolution or error identification.
- Change Requests are raised/linked to Problem records for resolution.
- Monitoring progress on the resolution of Known Errors.
- All Change Requests (CRs) are comprehensively recorded and submitted on time.
- Continuous maintenance of the Change/Release Plans.
- Agreement and control of change/release implementation through the setup and facilitation of the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Monitoring the success of all change/release implementations and facilitation of Failed Change Reviews where appropriate.
- Investigating all Change related incidents where the Change Process has not been followed.
- Ensuring the capture of complete and accurate information for all incidents and known errors and load this accurately into the Knowledge Base and Known Error Database.
- Ensuring the configuration information remains accurate in the light of changes to infrastructure, applications and services, making all updates in a strictly controlled manner.
- Overseeing ADGM disaster recovery services & running regular drill tests in coordination with IT Infrastructure Function.
- Oversee IT operational capability to manage the efficient and proactive restoration of IT services in the event of unexpected system outages, for example in the event of an incident or disaster.
- Responsible for maintaining the operational risk register and following up the remediation plan with the respective team members.
- Leads the development of the operations aspects of the Operation strategy, operation optimisation and roadmap, and ensures its integration with the broader IT strategic plan.
- Continually improves IT operations performance for existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services & Works closely with the Service Assurance & Transition function to Identify and acts upon opportunities for continuous service improvement.
- Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities with a focus on suitability for integration with the existing IT operations environment.
- Develop IT Operation sourcing strategy, and provides oversight for vendor and partner relationship management.
- Liaison with the IT Asset function to track end user related assets, including software licences, laptops, phones etc. to ensure all IT assets are recorded and tracked. Ensure timely requisition of end user related assets & required support.
- Plan, monitor and track assets, including software licences, to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
- Providing configuration & asset management information to the Management in an accurate, and timely manner.
- Develops and controls the IT operations annual operating and capital expenditure budget and manages expenses to stay within budget.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Compliance with ADGM IT Policy and procedures including Information Security and IT Service Management.
- Promote compliance of all IT related policies mandated throughout organisation, supporting policy communication, development, adherence and importance. Escalate all non-conformances to IT Director and Business Heads.
- Manage effective and efficient relationship with other IT Teams providing operational services
- Provides mentoring, coaching and direction to the IT operations management team and staff.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- 8-10 years’ experience in IT industry with 4-5 years in Service Management and Operations roles.
- Bachelors in Information technology, computer science or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and managing performance to achieve key operational metrics.
- Demonstrated experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT operations teams in complex and dynamic environments requiring 24/7 support
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to communicate a vision that inspires and motivates IT operations team that aligns to the IT and business strategy.
- Experience in building and operating technology infrastructure that supports Continuous Availability capabilities.
- Excellent service management planning and execution skills
- Experience in managing service operations across IT domains and multiple geographic locations.
- Development and execution of staffing strategies for Service Operations function.
- Background in managing IT Service Operations in alignment with industry best practice.
- Hands-on technical depth expertise, problem-solving leadership and operational troubleshooting for complex systems.
- Success in leveraging both traditional practices, such as IT service management, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimised for agility
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge of IT Dept. budget planning, financial management and resource planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups.
- Experience and knowledge of management principles, practices and methods.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to enhance services and capabilities that support business objectives.
- Fluent in business English both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Arabic or other languages
- IT industry internationally recognised certifications
- Management best practices Courses and Certifications
- Preferably experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders, across the organisation and within complex context