As an IT System Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting the IT team in managing and maintaining the AMF's IT infrastructure, ensuring optimal performance and security. You will work closely with the IT team to design, implement, and support various systems, including VMware, Linux, and Windows Server environments. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing Oracle database administration support as needed.
- Install, configure, and maintain VMware, Linux, and Windows Server environments, ensuring optimal performance and security.
- Provide system administration support for Linux, Windows Server, and VMware platforms, including monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues.
- Implement and manage virtualization technologies, including VMware vSphere, vCenter, and ESXi.
- Design and maintain server infrastructure, including storage, network, and backup systems.
- Manage system and data backups, ensuring data integrity and availability.
- Perform regular system updates, upgrades, and patch management to maintain the security and stability of the IT infrastructure.
- Monitor system performance and capacity, recommending and implementing necessary improvements.
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of Oracle and/or SQL Server databases, providing support for performance tuning, security, and backup/recovery processes.
- Collaborate with the IT team on IT projects and initiatives, providing relevent technical expertise and support as needed.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including policies, procedures, and technical guides.
- Provide training and guidance to other team members on IT-related matters.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies to ensure the IT infrastructure remains competitive.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Industry certifications, such as VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC), or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), are highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT system administration, with a strong focus on VMware, Linux, and Windows Server environments including installation, configuration, and administration. knowledge of virtualization technologies, particularly VMware vSphere, vCenter, and ESXi.
- Familiarity with Oracle database administration, including performance tuning, security, and backup/recovery processes.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, such as TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
- Experience with storage technologies, including SAN and NAS.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues and document resolutions promptly.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- The AMF offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture allowance, air ticket allowance, education allowance, and defined life and medical insurance.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.