Investment Associate (Financial Markets)
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- United Al Saqer Group
- 12 Jan 18 2018-01-12
POSITION SUMMARY The position is in relation to the family office of a large Abu Dhabi conglomerate. The family office invests in PE/VC, Real Estate and Financial Markets. The position will report to the Financial Markets Investment Manager of the Group and will assist the CIO and the Investment Manager with overseeing Financial Markets investments.
The Financial Markets Investment Team manages investments across multiple asset classes (Equity, Fixed Income, FX, Commodities, Long Term Theme) via multiple instruments (direct lines, funds, hedge funds, derivatives, structured products) and handle the cash management related to all type of investments (Financial Markets, Private Equity, VC, Real Estate). The position also assists the CIO and the Investment Managers in performing a variety of administrative and managerial duties related to planning, organizing, and directing the investment functions of the Group.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility for day-to-day follow up of transactions and portfolio events
- Reconcile portfolio statements with custodian records, to ensure accuracy of internal records
- Assistance with trading activities of securities, derivatives and treasury management
- Assist in preparing relevant documentation of investment analysis and market analysis
- Contributing directly to ongoing investment development
- Maintaining monitoring tools and database.
- Following up of ingoing and outgoing cash flows and transactions.
- Maintaining quantitative tools, research and investment management production
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization
- The ideal candidate will have a 2-4 years related experience with a Family Office, fund management, investment bank, or other opportunistic profit-oriented investment organization.
- Good understanding of all the asset classes and financial instruments and vehicles.
- Exceptional technological acumen and proven practice, including, advanced Excel, VBA, (Universal Screening, Alpha Testing, Portfolio Analyzer).
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-ranked university, MS in Finance and Engineering degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive member of transaction teams
- Good communication/interpersonal skills with motivation to learn and advance
- Must be able to work with the staff and outsourced financial service providers and communicate effectively with the Investment Department Team.
- Ability to multi-task while generating accurate, timely and complete work product
- Strong excel modelling skills and presentation skills (Word and PowerPoint)
- Excels at planning, organizing, monitoring, validating and reporting on all investment activities
- Strong knowledge in Financial Math and performance calculation
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of all type of investments and multiple market knowledge
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Outgoing, business-like personality
- Entrepreneurial mindset, intellectual curiosity and interest in expanding beyond field of expertise
- Languages: English (French, German/Dutch and Arabic advantageous)