To provide legal and strategic advice and direction to the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations associated with its operations to minimise risk and facilitate efficient decision-making by Senior Management; assist the General Counsel in the day-to-day management of GCO; reports to the General Counsel and confers with him on all material and strategic issues of any nature in a timely and coherent manner.
- Identifying, managing and mitigating legal and other risks in contractual and other arrangements.
- Draft, review and negotiate contractual and other documents with a view to minimising legal exposure and risk
- Active participation and overall management of the conduct of contractual and other negotiations and execution
- Develop and update standard terms of business and Standard Form Precedents
- If applicable, adhere to Standard Form Precedents and any agreed standard terms of business.
- Avoid litigation or achieve mutual settlement and manage the conduct of any litigation or dispute that may arise in close consultation with the General Counsel.
- Litigation and associated dispute resolution is managed proactively and as agreed with the General Counsel.
- Provide legal and other advice and support to ADGM
- Procure vendors and service providers for the GCO with the approval of the General Counsel and in accordance with applicable Legal Unit tendering processes
- Supervise and manage vendors and service providers to ensure all services are procured in a timely and cost effective manner
- Maintain appropriate awareness of the current local and international legislative and regulatory environment
- Support in the consolidation of the HR department budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Review, develop, amend and implement ADGM’s regulations, policies, processes and procedures, ensuring that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Law degree from an internationally accredited university
- Minimum 7 years’ post-qualification experience in a top-tier international law firm with English Common Law exposure.
- Minimum 7 years’ post qualification experience preferably in general corporate/commercial, regulatory
- Experience in the International Financial Centre or any large financial institution.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Research skills
- Communication skills (Fluent English essential; Arabic desirable)
- Ability to liaise effectively, and coordinate with, internal teams and vendors and service providers (at the international and local level)
- Planning, organising and time management
- Solid understanding of, and contribution to, GCO and ADGM values, strategies, policies and procedures
- Quality and accuracy of work.
- Following policies and procedures.
- Problem solving and analysis
- Drive for results and take initiative.
- Team work & knowledge sharing
- Intercultural sensitivity