See job description for details
Now it's your time to join the #1 bank in the Middle East and one of the most prestigious financial companies in the region. Shaking up the world of banking requires a lot of smarts and skill. We're looking for the brightest and best to help us reach our goals and we'll also help you reach yours. Your success is our success as you grow stronger in your career. Join us and leave a legacy of your own, as a pioneer in both the company and the industry.
FAB's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're looking for talented technologists to help build the future of Corporate and Investment banking. FAB's technology team supports business operations in 15+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Personal and Corporate & Investment Banking. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for FAB.
This position will have global scope for Corporate & Investment Banking service. It will drive service improvements in function and efficiency, and reduction in error rate through automation of IT services delivered and/or executed by Service team. The position will also drive to help in the creation of ultra-scalable and extremely reliable software systems emphasizing the reliability factor in the product management lifecycle. Responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
The role requires an ability to communicate at a leadership level to senior executives at FAB with operational excellence mindset.
- Service Ownership - Mission is the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services, with the Service teams
- Ownership Scope - You will understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of the production services you own. In partnership with your Services team, you will have the responsibility to ensure that services are designed and delivered to be mission critical with focus on monitoring, telemetry, security, resiliency, scale and performance.
- Incident Response - You will be the primary author of technical content for both customer and internal communications used throughout the incident response process, e.g. postmortem/root cause analysis, end-to-end repair item definition, and fixes in production.
- Prevention - Using data-driven incident findings, you will work on solutions that will ultimately prevent the incident/problem from arising ever again, and develop interim solutions to more quickly resolve the problem next time.
- Service Performance - You will work Service teams to triage performance issues (both reactive and proactive). You will work with central teams to define and drive monitoring tooling and process enhancements, including identification of service metrics to enhance performance issue triage, diagnostics and improvements.
- Service Health Reviews - You will represent in periodic cross-organizational service health reviews. You will help to identify patterns that influence service performance and/or reliability. You will lead efforts to eliminate process deficiencies and drive simplification into processes and procedures.
- Automation - Our goal is to eliminate human intervention wherever possible. You will be responsible for driving automation into our monitoring and recovery processes, code delivery procedures and issue resolution processes.
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience and an understanding of the IT environment to include applications, associated infrastructure (network, servers, Data Centers, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience required in microservices, APIs and middleware development and support using cloud platforms-AWS
- Experience required in Web-enabled application development, Spring boot, Linux/Unix Navigation and Administration, Java script, Java, HTML, CSSXML.
- Experience in Robotic Process Automation and Artificial Intelligence technology platforms.
- Knowledge of service management and service performance tools - including ticket, change, and incident management.
- Successful experience managing service performance of production environments with a focus on meeting/exceeding established Service Level Objectives.
- Experience in monitoring products like App Dynamics is required
- Strong analytical skills in support of production issue resolution and root cause identification.
- Strong organizational skills to manage a variety of work areas and cross team engagements.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communication complex topics to a diverse audience