Project Manager/Business Analyst - Asset Management
- Highly Competitive - Excellent Package
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Finshore Partners
- 21 Jan 19
Our client, a prestigious Asset Manager, is looking to hire a Project Manager/Business Analyst to join their Technology department. The Technology department is responsible for developing and deploying solutions to several front-to-back office business teams. The Project Manager will support Equities, Fixed Income, Alternative Investments and Central Dealing, supporting several small to medium sized projects.
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following; Fixed Income, Equities, Alternative Investments, Central Dealing
- Solid product knowledge and operational understanding of the above, covering front to back flows
- The ability to define and agree project scope, goals and deliverables with business partners and effectively document these
- Be able to documents and articulate business requirements and act as a bridge between the business and the wider IT organization
- Excellent communicator, able to manage stakeholders’ expectations at all levels and in particular, comfortable with providing updates to senior management.
- Capable of managing scope while delivering core project business needs.
- Task manage IT staff allocated to the projects as required, ensuring that they have clearly identified roles and accountabilities.
- Ability to critically review deliverables, ensuring that they are fit for purpose.
- Stakeholder management
- Develop detailed project plans that support business objectives.
- Able to communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track milestones and progress, identifying variances from plan and ensuring mitigating actions are agreed and in place.
Although the role is predominantly focussed on Project Management, analysis and relationship management will also be a part of this role.
Business Analysis and Relationship Management
- Develop and deliver high quality documentation of their analysis and design
- Adopt a proactive approach to tasks given to them and drive through the change associated with them
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise those around them
- Work effectively to establish strong working relationships with key business stakeholders. In particular, create an environment where there can be both formal and informal communication.
- Ensure timely escalation of unresolved issues and early warning on key risks.
- Bachelors’ Degree is required, ideally in business or related field. In addition, an MBA or another Master degree would be desirable.
- Extensive experience working on technology projects in financial services
- Experience of being a business analyst in a front office/operations environment
- Track record of successful project delivery in complex and demanding environments, using different project management methodologies.
If this role is of interest, please contact Nick Reilly at Finshore Partners for more information.