As the implementation phase of Buna, formerly known as the Arab Regional Payment System (ARPS), project picks up momentum, we are looking for a responsible Senior HR Specialist to join our founding team. Duties of the Senior HR Specialist include building Buna’s human resources by developing and implementing the human resources strategy and overseeing & coordinating Buna’s human resources activities, such as recruitment, compensation, labor relations and benefits. This position will report to the Chief of Finance & Administration.
In this context, the following sections detail the main qualifications, skills and responsibilities related to this position:
Strategy and Policy development
- Develop Buna Human resources strategy
- Develop, revise, and recommend HR policies and procedures
- Maintain and revise Buna handbook on policies and procedures
- Implement strategic organizational change to increase productivity and employee satisfaction
Admin and Planning
- Maintain Buna directory and other relevant organizational charts
- Review, approve and monitor Buna HR annual budget
- Contribute to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems
- Supervise clerical assistant and temporary staffing as needed
- Participate in administrative staff meetings
- Present to Buna General Manager and Board of Directors as needed
Recrutement and Staffing
- Oversee recruitment efforts for all employees, including job description development, sourcing, testing, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
- Oversee new employee orientations and employee relations counseling
- Maintain the work structure by ensuring job descriptions and requirements are up-to-date, accurate and compliant with relevant laws for all positions
- Oversee exit interviews
Benefits and Compensation Management
- Review and approve Buna compensation program
- Structure competitive benefits packages, and oversee their success
- Oversee and review results of annual salary surveys\
Training and Development
- Oversee and approve training programs
- Provide management direction and counselling
- Develop evaluation and performance management program.
- Lead the implementation of the performance management program.
- Handle investigation and resolution of employee issues, concerns and conflicts.
Qualifications and Skills
Experience & Education
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in human resources positions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university preferably in human resources, organization development, psychology or a similar discipline.
- Master’s degree in human resource management or Business Administration is preferable.
- Professional qualification (e.g. CIPD or PHR/SPHR) is an advantage.
- Vast experience at senior level in different fields of the human resources management.
- Ability to understand BUNA business model and translate this understanding to effective HR best practices and talent acquisition that proactively respond to these business needs.
- Leading personality with right attitude in order to successfully lead the team, proact for positive change to working environment in the organization.
- Ability to develop effective organizational chart, polices, procedures, manpower planning, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with ability to effectively communicate by telephone, face to face, email and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and ability to work on own initiative, accurately to tight deadlines, and to prioritize between conflicting demands
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines simultaneously
- Effective team player and excellent relationship building skills with ability to demonstrate a high level of discretion and positive attitude with all internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidential/sensitive information and professionalism
- Flexibility and readiness to work beyond regular working hours and as required
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of French is a plus