Plan and manage sales activities of lubricants for the assigned region and product portfolio, within the global sales segment in order to ensure that an efficient and effective sales service is provided, and that sales and profit targets are met whilst maintaining outstanding customer relationship through effective communication and collaboration to boost sales and promote ADNOC Distribution image and reputation. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Job Specific Accountabilities Sales Strategy Contribution
- Together with the Senior Manager, formulate an effective sales strategy and realistic objectives through analysing insights and market forecasts and submit to the VP/ Department Manager for discussion and directions. Market Analytics
- Plan, and coordinate methods of gaining market insights and data from various sources, ensuring that enough information is obtained from the limited sources available.
- Conduct feasibility studies carried to analyse the market for new products, using information received from the agents. Section heads about current and future customer requirements. Sales Operations
- Identify new markets within the assigned region and conduct a feasibility study for ADNOC Lubricants Business. Identify prospective companies capable of representing ADNOC in the market and conduct a study in line with the ADNOC distributor evaluation criteria.
- Achieve Sales and Margin Budgets for the territory as assigned by the Management.
- Prepares and maintains export price schedule for each distributor in assigned area. Obtains supervisors approval of recommended prices. Makes Sales Orders ( Proforma Invoice ) and actions in converting them to orders.
- Carry out the promotion of the company's lubricant products in order to increase sales wherever possible, using the sales strategy and by analysing information such as past and current trends.
- Reach out and advice customers to maintain personal contact with all major customers in order to provide the very best service and to deal with any problems promptly.
- Arrange for regular visits to Market to conduct Customer Meets , Seminars , Workshops , Market Visit , Distributor Sales Staff Training and Key Account Management.
- Surveys, verifies and maintains competitive information on price, credit terms, sales volume and market share, competitive marketing activity etc. and reports the same to supervisor.
- Assists in setting sales targets and developing the business plan for distributors and customers in assigned area
- Meet with agents and distributors periodically in order to discuss customer feedback about the products used, and to resolve any related issues they may have aiming to nurture a good relationship with agents and distributors in order to gauge the performance of the Company and products.
- Ensure timely collection of outstanding debts, in line with the plan to assure achievement of optimum revenues.
- Review reports on customers' payment performances and staff collection performances, received from Finance, and initiates action where appropriate to ensure that all debts are resolved as quickly as possible, and takes any action necessary to minimise the amounts outstanding.
- Carry out the opening of accounts for new customers following a thorough investigation into their credit worthiness, to eliminate the possibility of future payment problems.
- Recommend and control the monthly approved quantity for each credit customer to ensure that sales stay within the limits of each Bank Guarantee.
- Represent the function at seminars and exhibitions, to ensure that attendees' questions can be answered, and any potential business opportunities followed up.
- Together with Senior Manager and Distributors, develop Marketing Plans for the territory for each operating Market including all Marketing activities for both Retail and Commercial Segment.
- Implement Marketing plans for the territory. Specifically, utilising market knowledge to recommend product range, distribution channels of trade, consumer and trade pricing levels and sales promotion activity
- Develop new Business through new Customers in existing markets
- Develop new Business from new Market Segment by introducing Segment specific products and services.
- Develop new Business through Business Initiation in new Countries
- Investigate Potential marketing opportunities for ADNOC Lubricant Business development
- Keep customers abreast with the status of their booked orders.
- Be responsive to customer demands especially for customers who are from different time zones.
- Respond to customer's communication within reasonable time.
- Co-ordinate the process of dealing with customer's technical and commercial complaints by liaising with the Plant in order to discuss the nature of each complaint and identify ways on how to resolve it and how to avoid any future similar complaints. Ensures that the Department deals with complaints promptly and efficiently, within set procedures, and that good customer relations are maintained.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all relevant internal departments and external entities such as consultants, local, international and government authorities etc. with highest standards of business ethics, whilst promptly attending to all critical issues in-order to ensure the services required by the organization are delivered in the most effective manner.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Minimum Qualification
- Internal: Plants, Finance, Commercial and Section Heads
- External: Customers, Agents, Distributors, Banks
Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferable
Bachelor's Degree in Sales/ Marketing/ Business Administration or equivalent. Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 10- 15 years of experience in Lubricant Sales operations, of which at least 3 years in a managerial role, preferably in the Lubricant Sector
- operational management experience.
- Deep knowledge of business workflows, operations processes and systems.
- Experience of developing strategic plans for Lubricant industry.
- Regional exposure is a plus.
- Innovative and conceptual thinking
- knowledge of ADNOC Distribution's business objectives, operations and of the regional laws and regulations
- Knowledge of financial management