Provide technical advice, consultation, and technical coaching to subsurface and field operations teams in Operating Companies on topics related to well testing, well optimization, artificial lift, well completion engineering, and petroleum technology in general. Overview completion designs and well operations related activities that directly impact ADNOC's short and long term production targets and to achieve ADNOC objectives in the areas of Technology Advancement, Building Technical Capability, Development and Implementation of Technical Standards using Industry Best Practices, and Knowledge Sharing.
Job Specific Accountabilities Technical Standards and Industry Best Practices
- Recognized as subject matter expert in Artificial Lift domain (primarily gas lift and ESP's)
- Experience with major IOCs and NOCs, working in one of their Technical Centers guiding/advising/influencing a large, company-wide Artificial Lift program
- Able to provide technical expertise for selection, design, implementation and operation of Artificial Lift systems for ADNOC Upstream including developing best practice documents, organize training and build in-house competency in this area.
- Identify new technologies to improve the operating efficiency of Artificial Lift systems including digital technologies and automation
• Review best international practices /methods and establish quality control procedures to enhance well work processes.
• Prepares technical standards and well completion procedures for reservoir management.
• Develop and document standard workflows and processes for monitoring water flood and IOR programs to maximize value and capture learnings (eg., Wellwork Evaluation Tracking System).
• Facilitate introduction of strategic technologies that reduce cost, maximize rate, sustain recovery and improve work processes.
• Develop and maintain consistent petroleum engineering technical standards, processes, procedures, and technology.
• Support PE Community of Practice activities to share experiences and best practices across all OPCO's Technical Support and Technical Assurance
• Review and ensure that well designs including material selection for support of the optimum long-term development and production plans for hydrocarbon reservoirs.
• Support OPCO's with the review and selection of well intervention and well stimulation technologies that is fit for purpose and has a higher chance of success.
• Ensure that oil and gas project economics include long-term well utility plans including fit-for-purpose life cycle risk analysis.
• Participate in proposing and preparing data exchanges / trade proposals with companies active in the countries and emirates surrounding Abu Dhabi, to complement ADNOC corporate data-base and to be used in field development plans. Generic Accountabilities Supervision
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives. Budgets
• Provide input for preparation of the Unit/Department/Section budgets, assist in the implementation of the approved Budget, and work plans to deliver objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control. Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Unit/Department/Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs in line with Company and International standards. Performance Management
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Unit/Department/ Section in line with the Company Performance framework. Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function. Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures, controls, applicable legislation, and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices. Reports
• Provide inputs to prepare Unit/Department/Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management. Generic Accountabilities Internal Communications & Working Relationships
• Have daily interactions with young Petroleum Engineers in ADNOC Group of Companies providing coaching, advice, and direction concerning well completions, well work, well interventions and stimulation.
• Has frequent contact with OPCO Subsurface Team Leaders and Field Operation Team Leaders on all well work related activities. External Communications & Working Relationships
• Has regular contacts with Shareholder companies, consultants and contractors on various aspects of gas lift design and implementation. Minimum Qualification
• Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent. Master's degree is highly preferred. Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• 10 years of experience in completion design for exploration and production well programs. Latest technology in complex completions and down-hole flow control. Include knowledge of smart well completions, tools, and data acquisition/metering, FCDs, etc.
• Skilled in application of classical completion analysis methods (e.g., nodal analysis, perforation design, stimulation design) and able to identify situations where detailed simulation may or may not be required.
• Working knowledge of engineering software such as Pipesim, PipesimNet, Prosper, Gap. Professional Certifications
• Published multiple papers including first Author publications in journals or conference proceedings; preferably peer reviewed. Is called upon to review and approve Journal papers and is invited to participate in special society publications and panel discussions.
Group Company: ADNOC HQ