Provide technical expertise on delivering the Digital Oil Field (DOF) programme by defining and designing the requirements of telecommunication infrastructure, monitoring and control system for remote management of unmanned facilities for both new field development and existing facilities at ADNOC onshore fields.
Work with the management to promote smart field programme to increase operating efficiency and improve on HSE issues. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Job Specific Accountabilities
Generic Accountabilities Supervision
- Reviews and supports for deploy "fit for purpose" technologies for telecom and surface instrumentation to upkeep the Digital Oil Field (DOF) programme.
- Reviews pre-conceptual and conceptual designs of integrated control and safety systems for new field development/field upgrade projects in coordination with Operations and Field Development to enable targeted operation philosophy and fulfil the corporate automation objective that falls under the DOF domain.
- Provides expert advice on corporate Telecommunication Strategy implementation for voice, data and video services in line with DOF programme requirements.
- Coordinates and participates in reviews of FEED deliverables on telecommunication and control system architecture and automation & control philosophy for both new projects and existing upgrade projects to check compliancy with automation and DOF requirements.
- Attends design review meetings with Engineering and EPC Contractors to ensure compliancy with main DOF requirements.
- Develops DOF guidelines for specification and selection of process integrated control and safety systems for Field development.
- Prepares blueprints, drawings, layouts and other visual aids to address requirements and reports progress to Management.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Provide input for preparation of the Unit / Divisional budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
- Implement approved Unit / Divisional policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Unit / Division in line
with the Company Performance framework. Innovation and Continuous Improvement
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
- Comply with the ADNOC Onshore/ ADNOC HSE procedure requirements
- Report all incident and occupational illness to line supervisor.
- If aware of any unsafe practice or condition, or if in any doubt about the safety of any situation, immediately consult their Line supervisor.
- Carryout the emergency responsibilities in line with the respective roles as per the emergency procedure.
- Be familiar with the ADNOC HSE Recognition and Accountability Framework requirements. Comply with all applicable HSE requirements at all times. Exercise the STOP Work Authority bestowed if any unsafe act or situation puts you or your colleagues at risk.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Internal
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
- Frequent contacts with Technical units, Field Operations, Support units and ITD.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Minimum Qualification
- Regular contacts with Services providers, Suppliers, Contractors, manufacturers, ADNOC HQ and other OPCOS.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Computing or Telecommunications Engineering
- 10 years' experience in I&C and telecommunication engineering in the O&G industry with relevant Digital Oil Field experience.