Lead and supervise Quality Assurance/Quality Control activities within ADNOC and Group Companies (ADNOC-Onshore, ADNOC-Offshore, ADNOC Sour Gas, Al Yasat petroleum, Al Dhafra petroleum and SPC) for all data related to Upstream (Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics) activities.
Ensure quality assurance for all geoscience type data managed in the corporate and project data base to assist in the accurate and timely Upstream studies to minimize business impacts. Apply quality control techniques and methodology as per ADNOC's guidelines and industry standards and provides inputs to prepare, establish and verify data that will be used for Upstream studies.
Provide analyses and ensure timely data capture of high quality, consistent data and information by the Group Company's Data Management teams, according to the established guidelines and industry practices. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Job Specific Accountabilities
Generic Accountabilities Supervision
- Provide technical expertise in the development of the Corporate Upstream Information Management roadmap and relevant operational plans for ADNOC & Group Companies.
- Lead and supervise Quality Assurance/Quality Control activities for all data related to Upstream data activities of ADNOC and its Group of Companies.
- Ensure consistent, reliable, quality and timely availability of upstream data for ADNOC group level upstream business processes and workflows.
- Ensure that corporate database meets the prescribed quality level as required by Upstream users/community to function with accuracy and with integrity of data.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure new Upstream data acquired by ADNOC group of companies, meets expected quality standards and is loaded in the database software in a timely manner.
- Define business rules to be used by upstream end users and data management team to enhance data quality awareness and contribution from the upstream community.
- Define and Develop workflow, processes and business rules to ensure that the data quality is maintained at the appropriate level, within the corporate database
- Conduct gap / root cause analysis and understand business impact, present findings and resolve issues.
- Participate in/and coordinate, data quality improvement activities, practice quality control through Quality Assurance, management of geosciences data throughout its lifecycle from creation to archiving.
- Ensure all geoscience related inherited data is processed as per the quality control procedures and loaded into corporate data base and applications without any degradation.
- Ensure that quality control techniques and methodology are applied as per ADNOC's guidelines and industry standards and provides inputs to prepare, establish and verify data that will be used for geosciences studies.
- Ensure all geoscience studies are populated with quality data, by setting procedures to compare study data versus corporate data. Establishes and maintains data flow procedure among different disciplines and teams ensuring data quality and consistency
- Participate in data governance and data stewardship activities and ensure data quality policies are applied.
- Monitor, measure, and evaluate continuous data quality improvement by performing periodic data quality reviews and report metrics Perform audits as required to ensure quality processes exist and are being adhered and recommend remedial actions arising from identified business challenges.
- Define the integration requirements between project database and corporate E&P database to ensure data quality consistency and integrity.
- Liaise with Geomatics team to ensure all data quality issues related to positioning (seismic, wells, etc.) are resolved, and that all standards in terms of CRS, datum, geodetic system are applied to all relevant geosciences data.
- Provide on-going first level support, assistance and awareness to users as per set data management data quality standards, processes and procedures. Performs data entry validations, verifying captured data against business rules, naming conventions and standards.
- Ensure application of data quality standards for user interfaces and data visualization tools for retrieval, access and viewing as per ADNOC rules.
- Identify and implements new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of geoscience data quality management processes.
- Provide Quality Management, Quality Audits, Performance Monitoring and measurement services pertaining to the Upstream Information Management solutions, consistently across ADNOC and Group of Companies.
- Build appropriate review points in new Information Management processes, and establish guidelines / KPI / templates / checklists for the deliverables at these review points. Review, update and recommend value-adding improvements for the existing Information Management processes in terms of adequacy with guidelines / KPI / templates / checklists.
- Establish a Configuration Management Function to control the accepted baselines of processes and a Change Control Board to evaluate and approve suggested changes. Identify all deliverables to be produced by Data Management projects and conduct quality planning, analysis, and improvements to the deliverables.
- Monitor the execution of the plan, keeping auditable records of progress with the production of deliverables. Report progress against the plan to stakeholders.
- Establish necessary Service Level Agreements (SLA) to govern relationship between business assets and data management within ADNOC and Group Companies.
- Liaise with ADNOC's Subject Matter Experts (SME) to assess different data sources and data types, and come up with standards, conventions and data quality rules to be implemented consistently across ADNOC and Group Companies.
- Establish a monitoring system that would measure data completeness status across ADNOC & Group Companies. Set all prerequisite requirements that will accurately measure data completeness KPI.
- Establish naming conventions/codes standardization across ADNOC Group, in coordination with SME relevant to wells, petrophysical codes well-type, etc.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Provide input for preparation of ADNOC & Group Companies data management team budgets, and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Team objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
- Implement approved Department/Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section's work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Provide inputs to prepare progress reports for Company Management
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Minimum Qualification
- Frequent contacts with data management staff and business community in ADNOC Group (upstream) to ensure ADNOC data quality standards and procedures are implemented and applied.
- Frequent contacts with E&P staff and other upstream unit members to coordinate data quality related activities across upstream data base (corporate and project).
- Regular contacts with vendors/service contractors to negotiate and supervise services related to the area of concern.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelors' Degree inPetroleum Engineering, Geology, Reservoir Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years' experience of geosciences data management and data support to the upstream business community.
- Minimum 5 year of experience in Data Quality initiatives (data profiling, improvement, accuracy, completeness, data integrity, data stewardship, and data governance) in upstream oil and gas industry
- Good knowledge of Oracle database basic programming.
- Good oral and written communication skills with strong ability to write up technical reports
Group Company: ADNOC HQ