Lead the identification and selection of the optimal development concept and project execution strategies for the deployment of Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) pilots and projects within the Asset. Act as the technical reference in supporting the various EOR pilot studies carried out within the EOR team. Participate in EOR pilot planning and provide consultation on any work issues and progress. Provide advice to Senior Management and communicate with Shareholders and major oil service companies on specific technical issues related to subsurface & surface facilities activities, with the focus on CO2, Polymer, low salinity and chemicals supply and handling. Analyze wells / reservoirs performance and production forecasts / requirements of various development options. Apply integrated approach involving geo-science, reservoir, petroleum engineering, drilling & completion & surface facilities and develop surveillance plans to monitor field performance & the preferred option to enhance production & maximize recovery. Job Specific Accountabilities Reservoir Engineering (EOR Maturation)
Generic Accountabilities Supervision
- Manage projects from concept through implementation phases, including well placement & design, well construction, production and reservoir monitoring.
- Lead uncertainty and risk assessment, for the various related EOR projects and pilots.
- Perform system optimization and economic evaluation of EOR pilots and full field phased development plan.
- Perform activities related to QC and run related EOR subsurface models and ensure credibility of the outcomes for implementation.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives. Budgets
• Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control. Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section's work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations. Performance Management
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework. Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function. Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices Reports
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management External Communications & Working Relationships Internal Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with line Manager/ peers and other employees within the company/Group as required Minimum Qualification
Bachelor Degree Petroleum Engineering. Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- 8 years (varied relevant industry experience including 5 years as a specialist.
- Significant experience with oil field operations and production facilities & systems.
- Strong familiarity with Polymer/surfactant and/or Hydrocarbon gas I CO2 injection projects.
- Experienced with compositional reservoir engineering model and PVT.
Revenues/ Budget: As per approved financial budget
Direct Reports: As per organization chart
Indirect Reports: As per organization chart