The FSRA is responsible for the regulation of Financial Services providers in the ADGM and for the supervision of regulated activities. The Supervision Division consists of the Supervision Section and the Markets Section. The Supervision Section of FSRA is responsible for monitoring the safety and soundness of banks, insurers, money service providers and capital markets intermediaries. The Section undertakes impact/risk assessments of individual financial institutions which will drive the frequency and intensity of the supervisory approach. The Section adopts a risk-based supervisory approach.
- Responsible for supervising financial institutions’ compliance with relevant rules and regulations and developing a risk-based supervisory plan, using all relevant information and the FSRA Risk/Impact Assessment methodology.
- Make appropriate use of supervisory tools such as reviews, third parties reviews, information requests etc.
- Assist in the periodic risk assessment of firms, the drafting of the supervisory work plan, and the execution of the supervisory work plan, including the planning and executing of supervisory reviews and drafting and communication of recommendations, in liaison with the Director / Associate Director.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of prudential condition of financial institutions and their conduct of business as well as financial crime prevention
- Conduct periodic implementation controls/progress reports in areas where deficiencies have been identified.
- Build and manage relationships with senior stakeholders among market participants and other relevant ADGM staff.
- Responsible for taking prompt action against deficiencies and non-compliances identified.
- Deliver additional tasks that may be delegated from the Director or Associate Director (e.g. ad-hoc projects, spot reviews, investigation, etc.).
- Adherence to all internal policies, procedures, standards and behaviours’.
- Assist in implementing policies, rules and processes, including appropriate documentation for all assigned institutions.
- Deliver additional tasks that may be delegated from the SED / Executive Director / Director/Associate Director - Supervision.
- Liaise with other internal stakeholders such as Authorisation and/or other FSRA groups, as appropriate.
- Participate and deliver on projects that may be allocated thereto
- Act as a point of supervisory expertise and reference to the rest of the team across a variety of sectors.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience
- Considerable knowledge of banking and insurance sector regulations and market practices.
- Experience in supervising banks and/or insurance companies, specifically leading regulatory on-site reviews.
- Experience of the assessment of risks to identify trends and future regulatory requirements
- Expertise in the implementation of regulatory policies.
- Well-developed communications skills both in writing and orally.
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Good influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork, working collaboratively with a team of diverse professionals.
- Demonstrate planning, organisation and analytical skills
- Demonstrate a strong sense of responsibility and impeccable integrity.
- Fluent in business English.