1. JOB PURPOSE:
Leads, plans, controls and directs the Mechanical Engineering Team within functional disciplines of Facilities Mechanical Static Equipment, Fired Equipment, Piping, Pipeline, Rotating Machinery, HVAC, Material handling Equipment, Fabrication Engineering, Integrity Engineering including QA/QC requirements to provide technical study and development engineering services to the existing Assets and for the future Assets. 2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Job Specific Accountabilities
Generic Accountabilities Management
- Directs and supervises the activities of assigned personnel in the Team.
- Coordinates and advises all matters relating to Mechanical Engineering activities associated with the plant and assists in terms of design engineering, solving problems and unforeseen operational difficulties. RTS (Request for Technical Service), RCA and MOCs raised by Site team and other Stake holders to be resolved satisfactorily.
- Provides technical support to Asset Units on Mechanical equipment with respect to maintenance strategy, improvement, standardization techniques as required by Operation Excellence department.
- Provides technical support to Asset Piping and Pipelines with respect to resolving Vibration problems, Leaks, Corrosion, Valve and flange management etc.
- Provides technical support to resolve any chronic or repetitive failure issues of Rotating Equipment at site.
- Provides Mechanical Engineering support to Project Divisions of the Company in, CONCEPT, DEFINE and EXECUTE phase activities for Green and Brown fields and provides expertise for review of key documents/deliverables pertaining to different projects including Philosophies, Policies, Strategies, SOR, SOW, Basis of Design, covering all VAP (Assess, Select, FEED) life cycle stages.
- Responsible for the technical adequacy, completeness, quality of all mechanical deliverables on the project, schedule and budgeted work-hours.
- Manages the engineering / design activities. Attends to and resolves contractor queries and provides technical guidance and expertise such that project goals are clearly understood and to minimize delays. Reviews and approves all related technical documents and supports the Manager.
- Develops, maintains and implements department Procedures, Mechanical Engineering standards for all projects and assist in their interpretation and application. Provides technical guidance, reviews key project documents produced by the mechanical discipline and periodically review each job with the Project Mechanical Discipline Team.
- Participates in troubleshooting of perennial and repeated failures of mechanical equipment. Assist for the development activities for modification / alteration to or installation of new systems in existing plant facilities.
- Assist in replacement of obsolete assets with new and updated ones to the relevant engineering specifications and optimal design and economic considerations to meet the plant standards and operation / maintenance requirements.
- Assist, develop, monitor the COMPANY's Digitization, Artificial Intelligence program and Predictive maintenance system for Mechanical Equipment.
- Coordinate department audits, Third Party audits, Cold eye review etc. and close the recommendations satisfactorily.
- Coordinate and ensure all Technical Notes and Joint studies as required to be completed as per the agreed schedule.
- Coordinate and assist Site team for Site shut down activities.
- Mentor and develop UAE Nationals, aiding ADNOC Sour gas in achieving Emiratization targets
Budgets and Operational Plans
- Plan and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the team to achieve the Department objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Section in line with Department objectives.
- Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the team and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP's), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the team in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Compile and provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and regularly monitor expenditure against approved the team budget levels.
- Investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
- Lead the implementation of approved team policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls in order to support execution of the Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
Organisation Structure and Development
- Implement the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the team in accordance with Company approved guidelines and continuously monitor the achievement of the Team KPIs related to the approved Annual Performance Management Contract and the Balanced Score Card.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Team that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Encourage innovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations and services.
- Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the team.
- Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the team in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all team employees to meet HSE standards.
3. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Internal
- Prepare all the MIS and progress reports to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
- Manager, Engineering to provide information, analysis & reports, and take directions.
- Direct reports to receive information, give feedback, and provide instructions.
- Frequent contact with Department Managers / Team Leaders for regular liaison with peers in the function for matters related to Mechanical Engineering
- Regular contacts with Project Managers and engineers for providing guidance on Project Engineering related matters.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Minimum Qualification
- OPCOs for exchanging information, work coordination and knowledge sharing.
- Third party vendors for system implementation and consultants.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 10 years of experience. Preferably Experiences in Engineering Companies as a Lead Engineer/Manager for the Mechanical Equipment in the Oil and Gas Industry, plus Plant Operating experiences as an added advantage,
- Familiarity of international design codes and standards, procurement, construction, pre- commissioning / commissioning and maintenance in Oil & Gas.
- Experiences in Planning and Organizing, Scheduling and Coordinating, Checking, Examining and Recording.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English language.
- Previous experiences of handling Team of Mechanical Department Engineers