Job Purpose Summary:
The Trade Finance Director’s primary responsibility is to manage financing arrangements for day-to-day activities of the activities in the Middle East/Singapore/Switzerland and serve as an authorized point of contact for Business Development and Trading requirement.
The Trade finance director will be responsible to attract new sources of financing for the company and the Group, as well as developing support from a pool of local, regional, and international banks. It should provide strong support and expertise to the business and be able to deploy conventional financing structures adapted to the supplier’s or customer’s needs.
1) Trade Finance Management:
- Identify and onboard new regional TF banks in the Middle East/Singapore/Switzerland in accordance with the Group policy
- Originate silent risk participation on the single name or country risk when the need arises, from conventional (such as bank or insurance) and unconventional sources.
- Handle KYC process and negotiate attractive financing conditions
- Develop strong support from a pool of banks in the Middle East/Singapore/Switzerland, capable to support the business requirement of the company
- Set up relevant financial structures for all transactions in order to minimize risk, optimize working capital and reduce financing cost;
- Review facility and security documentation for existing and new financing facilities;
- Be the main point of contact for all banking related matters for Headquarters and the rest of the group;
- Involve in preparing information packages, letters, and RFI to the banks;
- Maintain and develop the banking and counterparties network in ME;
- Minimize costs for financing services through negotiations and adding new banks to the pool.
2) Relations with banks:
- Maintain regular communication with the banks in ME/Singapore/Switzerland;
- Provide frequent overview and updates of the TF banking environment in ME/Singapore/Switzerland, comment on important evolution and deals made in the region;
- Keep the banks informed about the different steps of the operations financed by them;
- Assist and interact with other departments within the Company (Trading, Legal, Contract Desk, Finance, Accounting, Letter of Credit Desk, Cash Control, and others) and support them with trade finance related matters;
- Involve in the development of procedures/synergies concerning cooperation with other departments in order to optimize existing processes.
- Ensure some reporting and administrative work.
5-7, years’ experience minimum in Trade Finance within a trading company or a bank in the Middle East or East Africa/Singapore/Switzerland. Experience with contracts and bank facility documentation is an asset. Experience with project management is an asset.
Knowledge of main trade finance products, market players, specifics of oil trading deals including operational, documentation and credit risks in general, but with a particular understanding of the bank capacities in the Middle East/Singapore/Switzerland. Knowledge of documentation and legal risks is an asset. Knowledge of structured trade finance tools in an asset.
3) Key Behaviours & Skills:
Willing to travel;
Good communication and interpersonal skills (to interact efficiently with other Departments and to build relationships with bankers/customers and be able to negotiate when required) ;
Manage tasks and priorities independently ;
Analytical thinking: approach problem solving systematically, the anticipation of obstacles, make logical conclusions, and see implications/consequences of solutions ;
The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines ;
Ability to exercise good business judgment.
4) Human Relations Skills:
Understand and influence through the rational line of argument
Master’s Degree in Finance & Economics or any other related field
Fluent in English;
Arabic or French is a plus
- Working in the same position for a well-reputed trading company.
- Capable of financing from banks and financial institutions for the middle east and Singapore market
- Have a profile of working with banks such as ING, BNP Paribas, Credit Swiss, Deutsche Bank, UAE banks, Singapore first-tier banks.
- Can work in UAE, Singapore, Switzerland also remote working with good performance and profile is acceptable.
- have a credit financing book for the previous companies.
- Familiar with oil market/Energy market
- Have the record with trading houses or investing banks
- Passionate about developing the credit/finance sector of new emerging trading companies.
- Residency in UAE/Singapore/Switzerland is a positive point