VP- International Credit Risk and Portfolio Reporting
First Abu Dhabi Bank
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Posted about 3 hours ago Permanent Competitive
See job description for details
Now it's your time to join the #1 bank in the Middle East and one of the most prestigious financial companies in the region. Shaking up the world of banking requires a lot of smarts and skill. We're looking for the brightest and best to help us reach our goals and we'll also help you reach yours. Your success is our success as you grow stronger in your career. Join us and leave a legacy of your own, as a pioneer in both the company and the industry. Job Description
The overall responsibilities of this position are vital within Group Credit Risk team covering areas relating to CCB, IB & international Portfolio which includes Review of CEC proposals, Policies, Procedures, risk frameworks, Risk Model, Credit Risk Reporting & Analysis comprising regulatory aspects such as Asset Quality, Impairment, provision adequacy reporting etc. The role holder's primary responsibilities include:
• Review CCB, IB & international Proposals submitted for CEC approvals and highlight key risks, policy exception and concentration risk or breaches.
• Undertake review of Credit Policies, Product Programs, Risk acceptance criteria and standard operating processes both for UAE and International locations relating to Corporate & Commercial Banking and Investment Banking Group.
• Provide advice in development of various Scoring and rating Model relating to CCB & IB.
• Take up portfolio thematic reviews to identify areas for portfolio growth and strategy to improve portfolio performance.
• Support department head for improving the overall process, risk controls and including automation.
• Monitor portfolio exceptions & concentrations.
• Monitoring & reporting of industry & country limits.
• Review of PDNI , NPL & CRD accounts
• Provide monthly / Quarterly value-added analysis of various risk KPI's
• Provide support in preparation of monthly dashboards and analysis reports by business segments/products and Management.
• Take up special projects as assigned by Line manager & department Head
This section shall not be customised to reflect accountabilities which may be unique to one role. Please use Section 5 to capture any accountabilities specific to the role which are over and above those mentioned in this section.
Project Management / Continuous Improvement
• Represent Group Credit Risk in any special projects as and when required to help strengthen our risk profile
• Analyse policies and processes and provide active feedback to relevant stakeholders which include Business/Credit/Finance
• Provide value added analysis in development of various Rating Model and Score cards relating to CCB & IB.
• Liaise with respective credit /business / CRD teams and international branches on Bank wide assets quality and provision adequacy.
• Analyse and respond to evolving regulatory guidelines from CBUAE and local regulators where FAB has presence such as on IFRS9, Basel 3 and other guidelines relating to credit risk.
CCB & IB - Credit Risk:
• Support SVP & Head of CCB, IB & International Risk in establishing a Credit Risk Management Framework.
• Review and analysis of CCB & IB credit risk policies, Product Programs, RACs, SOPs from Credit Risk prospective in coordination with respective credit team and product representative of business.
• Partner and coordinate with CCB & IB Credit, ERS team in development, rollout and maintenance of various rating models and scorecards etc
• Identify credit risk emanating from existing as well as new products that are being launched By CCB & IB.
• Carry out thematic portfolio stress testing/scenario analysis to ensure quality portfolio growth of CCB & IB.
• Provide HO support in setting up the industry limits for the overseas units
• Review of PDNI , NPL & CRD accounts and update their status Trakker .
IFRS 9 Execution and Reporting:
• Provide support for the annual review and update of IFRS9 Impairment policy.
• Coordinating with Credit for obtaining approval of the staging and ECL overrides as required under IFRS9 Imperilment policy.
• Identify optimization opportunities within the portfolio through data correction and other initiatives.
• Follow up and provide support to close any pending points related IFRS 9 review to Steering Committee
Credit Risk Reporting and Analysis:
• Provide feedback on Credit risk information framework which includes data for GCRO's quarterly risk dashboards, and other important credit risk reports submitted to Management-level and Board-level Risk Committees.
• Provide inputs and Preparation of reports to monitor credit quality of the portfolio related to CCB & IB portfolio.
• Timely delivery of dashboard, report, and various committee presentations such as GCC, GRC, BRCC, and other committees to enable regular monitoring and reporting of performance of CCB & IB portfolio.
• Prepare monthly Exception monitoring report.
• Prepare quarterly Industry limit monitoring reports
• Prepare and analyse monthly Credit Risk portfolio KPIs and submit review, scenario analysis and recommendations covering Group, geographies, segments, and subsidiaries.
• Responsible for Monitoring of CCB, IB credit risk appetite and reporting an ongoing basis.
• Protecting quality of entire loan portfolio by undertaking portfolio evaluation and conducting comprehensive studies on environment to test the resilience of loan portfolio.
• Monitoring and report concentration limits in credit portfolio by customer segment / by industry / single obligor to senior management on periodical basis.
• Recommend prudential norms for various Credit Risk and exposure limits.
• Alert Line manager & the senior management for carrying out suitable corrective action in case of breaches discovered during risk monitoring process.
• Measuring, forecasting, and managing credit risk for CCB & IB segments as per FAB's risk appetite framework
• Pre-empt impact of stage transition on ECL, NPL, COR and provision coverage
• Advise line manger on evolving regulatory guidelines and provide scenario analysis for impact on Group impairment charge and capital.
• Provide relevant risk information and analysis to line manager to facilitate their discussions with credit rating agencies / External Auditor /Central Bank
• Engage with ITD and other relevant departments to streamline processes and improve efficiency across the bank.
• Support and engage with Internal/ External/ CB Auditor in their respective reviews. Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's/Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
• Adequate knowledge of financial services business
• Strong background in Credit Risk Management
• Significant experience in running/managing the provisions process for a reputable UAE/GCC bank
• Excellent understanding of IFRS9 guidelines
• Excellent understanding of CBUAE regulations Credit Risk
• Strong project and change management skills
• Strong financial and analytical skills with significant experience in analytics, portfolio management
• Strong mind-set of improving processes and decision making through automation, analytics, technology
• Knowledge of advanced excel and power-point skills is a strong plus
• Strong leadership skills required to manage a team
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Managing Corporate Credit, Policy reviews and Portfolio Management/ Analytics.